Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can liquid LDN be frozen?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by PatJ, Nov 6, 2015.

1. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    I have some Nodict Naltrexone 50mg tablets to mix with water for lowering the dose. I haven't taken LDN before so would like to start very low, around 0.1mg. When refrigerated, apparently the LDN water mixture can start to degrade in effectiveness, and develop bacteria within a couple of weeks. This would lead to wasting a lot of the Naltrexone at 0.1mg per day. Even if I use a 1/4 tablet most would be wasted.

Can I mix multiple batches at a roughly 0.1mg dose, keep one batch in the fridge for two weeks max, and freeze the rest in small containers until needed?

Also, I'm hoping someone can double check my dosing math:
    50mg Naltrexone + 50ml water = 1mg of Naltrexone per ml of water

so...
    50mgN + 100ml w = 0.5
    50mgN + 200ml w = 0.25
    50mgN + 400ml w = 0.125 mg of Naltrexone per ml of water

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I was told it keeps in a glass bottle in the fridge for a month. I did that for quite a while. I don't know about freezing.

I crushed a 50 mgs tablet in 50 ml water. It was so cheap I just tossed what i didn't use.

3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Use distilled water to eliminate bacteria growth. I mix mine, it's at room temp for more than a month before I finish the liquid. Excellent yahoo forum, lowdosenaltrexone.. Good intro here, from someone who's part of that forum. On one of those pages I find the following re liquid ldn. Note: the following contradicts what I said above, however, mine seems to be fine at room temp. I have noticed, however, after some months the plastic container has some mold that needs to be removed.

PatJ and helen1 like this.
  4. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    This is what I do too. If you use distilled water, it is supposed to remain viable for at least a month. I take 3 mgs (3 mls) per day and one 50 mg dissolved pill lasts for about 16 days. If I were taking a tiny dose and was concerned about it going "off," like @minkeygirl, I'd just throw it out as it only cost me about $1.50 per month using the generic tablets.

PatJ and minkeygirl like this.
  5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I used filtered water. Think it was fine.

Webdog, PatJ and Sushi like this.
  6. don60

don60

Los Angeles, CA
    Just want to share what I do. I fill a graduated cylinder with 50 ml of distilled water and pour the water from the graduate cylinder into a 4oz glass jar; then drop in one 50mg tablet. I think it should be distilled water.
    [​IMG]

PatJ likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.