• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can LDN make you feel cold?

purrsian

Last night I took my second LDN tablet. I'm starting at 0.5mg at around 9pm. Both today and yesterday, I've noticed a slight improvement in the intensity of my overall symptoms and felt a little more emotionally/mentally lighter. I've had a little anhedonia, although I'm unsure if this is directly the tablet, or if it's because I'm feeling slightly better and think I should do something yet I'm not better enough to actually feel up to doing anything.

One weird thing is today, I'm really cold. I've taken my oral temp and it's normal, but I feel cold in my upper back area especially. I do have poor circulation and POTS. But it's 30 degrees celsius today (86 Fahrenheit) although only 50% humidity. I'm sitting in bed with socks on, my dressing gown over my back and a blanket over my legs. I have a fan on low to circulate the air, as still air makes me feel bad, but it's just circulating hot air anyway. In a way, I do feel warm - maybe externally, but my feet and upper back are still cold anyway.

Due to my circulation and POTS, I do tend to get cold when I'm not doing well and need to sleep, but even then I don't think I'd usually feel so cold on a 30 degree day. Could this be a side effect of the LDN? I haven't read anything about it as a side effect anywhere.