• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can IRIS Take Several Months To Make A Showing?

Jim

just wondering if anyone knows if a bad reaction to gc maf can take several months to show up. a friend thought she was doing a bit better, but has recently crashed badly and isn't totally sure why. so she wondered about IRIS.

she is taking the MAF 878 as directed.

thanks,

jim

SOC

As I understand it, yes, IRIS can take several months go show up because it can take time for the immune system to recover.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
just wondering if anyone knows if a bad reaction to gc maf can take several months to show up. a friend thought she was doing a bit better, but has recently crashed badly and isn't totally sure why. so she wondered about IRIS.

she is taking the MAF 878 as directed.

thanks,

jim

Yes, this is quite possible. I take injected GcMAF and while I haven't had IRIS I have had a build up of inflammation over a period of a few months. By the time I recognized it as inflammation, it was well-established and took a few months to resolve.

If your friend does, have IRIS, she should probably stop the MAF 878 until it resolves and then perhaps take less of it. Antihistamines seem to help too as well as some of the herbal anti-inflammatories like curcumin. This is the advice that some of the "GcMAF doctors" give but, of course, if she is being supervised by a doctor she should take his advice.

Best wishes,
Sushi

ukxmrv

Hi Jim, I had possible IRIS to MAF314 (less so to MAF878) but this was right at the start and it lessened as the first month went on.

Something else to consider is her Nagalase levels. Could she have them checked maybe?. I heard 2nd hand through a patient of a doctor using MAF314 that if a reactions occurs after a few months after the initial symptoms had calmed down that it could be there her Nagalese levels could have dropped too low. These patients may be need to switch to a lower weekly maintenance dose.

I also heard that colostrum was recommended for those patients and sometimes colostrum in ordinary yogurt.

All second info so please try and get some proper medical advice if your can for your friend.

Good luck.

Jim

Hi Jim, I had possible IRIS to MAF314 (less so to MAF878) but this was right at the start and it lessened as the first month went on.

Something else to consider is her Nagalase levels. Could she have them checked maybe?. I heard 2nd hand through a patient of a doctor using MAF314 that if a reactions occurs after a few months after the initial symptoms had calmed down that it could be there her Nagalese levels could have dropped too low. These patients may be need to switch to a lower weekly maintenance dose.

I also heard that colostrum was recommended for those patients and sometimes colostrum in ordinary yogurt.

All second info so please try and get some proper medical advice if your can for your friend.

Good luck.

her nagalase was tested. will have to get those results from her.

does anyone have a sense on the symptoms of iris for cfs?

thanks.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Jim,

I believe the symptoms can vary according to where the inflammation is. Checking IL 8 is useful to get an objective marker of the kind of inflammation you can get from GcMAF. It is also good to check Vit D 1,25. (The usual test is for Vit D 25, not 1,25) If it is too high it could also indicate a rise in calcium. Out of range calcium is potentially dangerous.

Sushi

Charles555nc

Interesting that you mentition vitamin D and that there are 2 different forms. Im on the marshal protocol (which lowers the high vitamin D form and raises the low vitamin D form) and seeing alot of improvement (after dealing with some autoimmune issues that made me have to stop doing the protocol before).

Im on LDN, marshall protocol, and valcyte (plus 4 grams sodium ascorbate, 2400mg NAC a day, and methyl b12 and methyl folate and periodic chelation). But I also tried GcMAF awhile back and it spiked my symptoms and was expensive.