Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can damaged axons regenerate their membranes?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by joe12, Sep 13, 2015.

1. joe12

joe12 Senior Member

Since I suffer from chronic pain in the trigeminal area, I believe this is due to a chronic inflammation that not only stimulates action potentials but also from damaged membranes leaking calcium and sodium, although I don't know if neurons can survive this kind of leaky membranes, but I guess they could. My question is how could they be regenerated so that the pain stops, methyl b12, specific growth hormones? I know the first step is to block the damaging inflammation thou.

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    joe12 likes this.
  3. joe12

joe12 Senior Member

I did try naltrexone but the effect was not maintained.

4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    unfortunate.

5. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    I know a couple of people who use a lot of coconut oil on their skin and in their diets to try to repair the myelin sheath on the nerves - I'm not sure whether that's what you're talking about when you say 'membranes' or whether it works.

6. joe12

joe12 Senior Member

Cannot do that because my damaged nerves are inside the nose, its the trigeminal nerve.

7. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Well, not sure it works either. But I see no reason you couldn't add it to your diet our put it on your arms and legs to get it in your system. Once inside you, it's mobile, isn't it?

See more popular forum discussions.