A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can D-Ribose cause extreme tiredness?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by soxfan, Mar 19, 2014.

1. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    Well...I found a jar of D-Ribose that I had bought about a year ago. I had tried it in the past and don't think it did much for me but decided I would give it a try. I took a scoop this morning in my coffee and within about an hour I felt so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open.

Even now about 6 hours later I feel so sleepy. Is it possible that the D-ribose caused this? I am sitting here struggling to stay upright. It is like I have taken a sleeping pill and need to go rest.

I looked online and it said if you have low blood sugar then yes...this could happen. I don't think I have low blood sugar...I mean it has always been on the low side of normal every time I have been tested but never below normal...yikes

2. adreno

adreno Learned helplessness

Europe
    D-ribose can cause low blood sugar, maybe try it with food. Or perhaps it revs up the mitochondria more than they can sustain (perhaps a defiency of q10, carnitine etc)?

3. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    I had oatmeal about an hour later but the tiredness was so overwhelming I finally had to give in and lay down...Now its about 8 hours later and I am still pretty fatigued feeling...ugh

4. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

Perhaps try half a scoop Soxfan and see how you go, it might be enough for you. Have it with food.
    I know someone who just takes it once a day and it has been very helpful. I take one scoop twice a day as I really need it. I have it with breakfast and dinner.

I haven't had excessive sleepiness on D-Ribose, it gives me a little bit more energy and seems to reduce some inflammation in my body. I have noticed it has also taken a good edge off the horrid nausea I used to get. Which has been interesting.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

soxfan likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.