The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can D-Ribose cause extreme tiredness?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by soxfan, Mar 19, 2014.

1. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    Well...I found a jar of D-Ribose that I had bought about a year ago. I had tried it in the past and don't think it did much for me but decided I would give it a try. I took a scoop this morning in my coffee and within about an hour I felt so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open.

Even now about 6 hours later I feel so sleepy. Is it possible that the D-ribose caused this? I am sitting here struggling to stay upright. It is like I have taken a sleeping pill and need to go rest.

I looked online and it said if you have low blood sugar then yes...this could happen. I don't think I have low blood sugar...I mean it has always been on the low side of normal every time I have been tested but never below normal...yikes

2. adreno

adreno on the beach

Europe
    D-ribose can cause low blood sugar, maybe try it with food. Or perhaps it revs up the mitochondria more than they can sustain (perhaps a defiency of q10, carnitine etc)?

3. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    I had oatmeal about an hour later but the tiredness was so overwhelming I finally had to give in and lay down...Now its about 8 hours later and I am still pretty fatigued feeling...ugh

4. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    Perhaps try half a scoop Soxfan and see how you go, it might be enough for you. Have it with food.
    I know someone who just takes it once a day and it has been very helpful. I take one scoop twice a day as I really need it. I have it with breakfast and dinner.

I haven't had excessive sleepiness on D-Ribose, it gives me a little bit more energy and seems to reduce some inflammation in my body. I have noticed it has also taken a good edge off the horrid nausea I used to get. Which has been interesting.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

soxfan likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.