• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can B12 without Methylfolate Cause Problems?

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
@Johnmac At the time I wrote the post above, I was using B12 oils (for long lasting relief) and time-released methylfolate.

Now I am only still taking B12 Oils and it seems to be correcting a deficiency I had for a long time. When I first started using the oils there was a dramatic effect: neurological brightening, mood and energy boost. Now it seems to 'maintain' and I don't feel anything when I use it, but my functioning is overall better than it was. The seller of the oils said I may need to take the oils for a few years to replenish fully.

Johnmac

@Johnmac At the time I wrote the post above, I was using B12 oils (for long lasting relief) and time-released methylfolate.

Now I am only still taking B12 Oils and it seems to be correcting a deficiency I had for a long time. When I first started using the oils there was a dramatic effect: neurological brightening, mood and energy boost. Now it seems to 'maintain' and I don't feel anything when I use it, but my functioning is overall better than it was. The seller of the oils said I may need to take the oils for a few years to replenish fully.

Thanks @Sherpa. Glad to hear you are doing better.

Interesting that you don't take (presumably need?) the folate any more.

I think I'll switch to the oils shortly, as the reports have been uniformly good. I'm presently doing DIY transdermal (B12 and also folate - crushed up tabs), but it's a bit messy & whilst the penetration is much better than oral or sublingual, I'm not sure that it's optimal.

The Australian B12 oil company said they might make up some m-folate oils for me, & see if they work.

Thanks again...