1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can anyone help with NutrEval results?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by minniemom2011, Mar 7, 2011.

1. minniemom2011

minniemom2011

Hi All,

I'm very new here . . . been reading the boards for awhile, but haven't actually posted yet. I just received back my NutrEval results from Genova and have no idea how to interpret them :(

I would greatly appreciate any help or insights you can offer. I read through the commentary and tried to figure some of it out, but my brain fog just isn't comprehending most of it! Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Whoa.. You'll be needing a lot of supplements for methylation
    I'd say take a Thorne basic nutrients multi as well as additional methylfolate, p5p and the 2 b12's.
    Also take some r lipoic acid from drs best.
    Also take some borage oil and some Sam -e
    As well as magnesium chloride topical
    For the Analysis: I'm sure others with deeper insights will chip in :D
  3. kerrilyn

kerrilyn Senior Member

Hi Minniemom, welcome to the forum.

That looks like a very detailed test. Wish I could help you. I took the Genova MAP test, which is the same as pages 7-10 of your test results and I don't know what any of it means. It's interesting to compare my values with yours, but that's it. For example your Citric Acid value is 85.4 and mine is 280.5 - no idea what that means.

The report only mentioned values that were outside of the reference range, and for me that was a-Ketoglutaric Acid (AKG). My Methylmalonic Acid (MMA) was 17.7 (range is 19) and FIGlu was 5 (range is 12.1), so they were not addressed in the report. MMA is a marker for B12 deficiency and Figlu is folate, if I've understand info given on this forum correctly.

When I got the results back I thought I'm not in that bad of shape if only 1 value is too high. But I was told on the forum, the MMA and Figlu numbers should be low - close to 0 for optimum function. If that's true, my MMA is especially high. And does that mean that all the numbers should be close to 0?

I hope you get some more answers because I'd like to know too. ;)

See more popular forum discussions.