1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can anyone help w 23andme results?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by ebethc, Jun 21, 2014.

1. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

Hi,

I just got my 23andme results back, and I'm hoping that I can get some help prioritizing & interpreting the Genetic Genie output.

My symptoms are brain fog, fatigue, joint pain / stiffness, IBS. I also get sick all the time and have a hard time recovering, which is I'm sure due to glutathione problems.

+/+ METHYLATION RESULTS
    From what little I know at this point, I think this is the ranking:
    1. CBS C699T (worst)
    - I had a Glutathione/NAC/PC IV that made me REALLY sick. Probably due to sulphur, in hindsight. However, I take NAC & ALA with no problems. Same w eggs and other high sulphur foods. This sulphur thing is confusing.
    - I have sulfate test strips, and get 2 - 3 yellow/very light orange squares
    - I'm supposed to take Molybdenum 100 mcg, take 2 tabs HydroxyB12, low thiol diet, and do weekly Charcoal flushes, correct?
    2. BHMT 02 & 08
    - Taking sunflower lecithin 2.4 g... so far, so good
    3. MAO A
    - some say this is important, and some don't, but isn't this what's causing my cognitive problems?
    - not supposed to tx this one until I get results from the first two on this list correct?

+/- METHYLATION RESULTS
    Should I just focus on CBS & BHMT for now? Which of these (if any) should I treat?
    1. COMT V158M & H62H
    2. VDR BSM & TAQ
    3. ACAT1-02
    4. MTRR A66G & K350A

+/- DETOX RESULTS
    Nine yellows... I didn't see any reds, so I was happy :) Any thoughts on these results?

The full profiles are attached. thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    @ebethc - Your results don't seem to account for any problems. The CBS issues are a myth started by Yasko, based on an a rather staggering inability to read and interpret published research. If you feel fine with NAC, then it probably isn't a problem for you. Directly taking Glutathione, on the other hand, seems to cause problems for a lot of people.

It's possible that your two MTRR mutations are causing a compound heterozygous problem, but I'm not sure if they're known to be capable of that. Additional MTRR and MTHFR SNPs you could look at are at http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/interesting-mtrr-variations.24551/ and http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/interesting-mthfr-variations.24543/ .

http://sourceforge.net/projects/analyzemygenes/ is a program you can download which pulls out your rarest 23andMe results. Homozygous results and those starting with "i" instead of "rs" are usually the most interesting.

3. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

- I have a mac... I believe that program is windows?? I downloaded the program and it wasn't clear how to launch the program..

thanks.

4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    It might or might not work on a Mac, depending on how stupid the security is on your OS.

The entire folder needs to be unzipped/extracted, (and your 23andMe downloaded file), then click on the file called "genes" to run it.

5. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

It does work on Mac.
    Download, unzip, double click Genes.jar

cheers

ukxmrv and Valentijn like this.
  6. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

Hi - trying to get some help again... Can anyone tell me which SNP(s) I should focus on first? I went to a naturopath who recommended starting w COMT & MAO, but I didn't notice a big difference w her protocol.

thanks

7. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

I was unable to open this because the app store doesn't recognize the author..

See more popular forum discussions.