A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can Anyone Help me with how to interpret my methylation Panel?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Al Klein, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Al Klein

Al Klein Senior Member

There just arent doctors in the UK to help.

Is my CBS snps causing this drain of SAH?

How do I treat?

Am I right in thinking I am an Overmethylator?

I already avoid Methyl groups because of COMT snp

No MTHFR

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Valentijn

Valentijn WE ARE KINA

No, the CBS SNPs are not capable of causing problems, except in the case of a serious down-regulation.

3. Al Klein

Al Klein Senior Member

So why might my SAH be so low?

4. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    So there are two types of things that could be happening:
    1. the conversion that makes the SAH might be slowed down because of SNPs that affect the enzyme(s) that do(es) the conversions or because of a lack of one of the chemicals that are used up in the reaction, or
    2. The SAH gets used up more quickly than normal, perhaps because of SNPs that make the enzyme more efficient, or because there is an excess of the chemicals that are used in the reaction, or because the end product gets used up, so there is always a need for that reaction to go.
    Of course, there's likely more than one thing going on. Was your homocysteine tested at the same time? If it's also low, then I vote for reason #2. If it's high, I vote for reason #1.

See more popular forum discussions.