Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can anyone help identify this worm/pathogen on my stool?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by ram2390, Nov 26, 2015.

1. ram2390

ram2390

Hi guys can anyone offer any guesses as to what this is on my stool? Tapeworm etc??

Also are worms known to cause excessive salivation? I've been taking black walnut hull and cryptolepis for my Babesia and noticed I'm swallowing a lot of saliva every 10-20 seconds consciously. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    A little warning would be nice. I can smell your stool from here haha.

It looks like mucus so you might be damaging your gut with the herbs.
    If you want to be sure you can do a CDSA 2.0 or G.I. effects (PCR) stooltest with genova diagnostics. That will show if you are infected with parasites, or if it's increased mucus secretion.

CantThink and Valentijn like this.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Black walnut hull is strong and will kill parasites, don't know what the other thing is you're taking. You need to get a stool test done in order to identify and treat the parasite correctly.

4. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    Ask your doctor if you can have a stool test for ova and parasites. This is a very routine test and your stool will be examined by technologists who have studied parasitology. (Waves hand.) Not the best job in the world, but at one time it did pay the bills.

5. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    That doesn't look like a worm -- it looks like mucus and it's not abnormal to have a little bit. With excess amounts you might want to discuss it with your doctor. You can always ask your doctor to have your stool tested because that is the only way you will know for sure.

Valentijn and CantThink like this.
  6. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    That doesn't look like a worm -- it looks like mucus and it's not abnormal to have a little bit. With excess amounts you might want to discuss it with your doctor. You can always ask your doctor to have your stool tested because that is the only way you will know for sure.

7. ram2390

ram2390

Thanks for the replies so far. Is it a bad idea to just try a trial of Mebendazole/Biltricide and see what happens? I've done some stool tests and nothing came up....but I can feel something swishing around under my left ribcage constantly ,even on an empty stomach or when waking up, plus my other GI symptoms, so that's why I suspected worms.

8. rosamary

rosamary Senior Member

Wonderful photographs! I thought it looked like liver! Take those photographs to your GP and I am sure you will soon find that whatever it is is identified.

TigerLilea likes this.
  9. Uno

Uno Senior Member

Brighton, United Kingdom
    I've pulled an entire piece of what was like string from my butt before. Doc said it was bile ducts breaking away!

10. Uno

Uno Senior Member

Brighton, United Kingdom
    That's mucus - you should get your liver function done and see a good gastro. I get this all the time.

11. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
    You can't feel worms swishing around under your ribcage.

Thinktank likes this.
  12. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
    I think it's more likely that the stuff you're swallowing is causing your symptoms.

See more popular forum discussions.