• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can anyone explain this?!?

Hi everyone,

For the past 3 days I've been taking about a tablespoon of chia seeds every day. They are definitely giving me more energy and I feel brighter cognitively speaking. However , I also seem to be getting chills which aren't too pleasant, my hands and feet are freezing and I feel freezing , it seems to come on about 2 hours after ingesting them. Can anyone explain this? And isn't it frustrating that every time you find something in M.E. that helps it also has some downside effect? Frustrating! If anyone has any thoughts on this they would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gem

And isn't it frustrating that every time you find something in M.E. that helps it also has some downside effect? Frustrating! If anyone has any thoughts on this they would be much appreciated.

No ideas on why, but I agree with your statement. Frustrating!