Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can an infected tooth cause fever,chills, felling extremelly ill?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by notmyself, Nov 13, 2017 at 1:44 PM.

1. notmyself

notmyself Senior Member

hi, sorry for the off topic,this might not been related to ME/CFS..i have a very bad wisdom teeth,it s almost completelly eaten by cavity..From yesterday i start having pain there after a long time,the pain is tolerable,but the rest of symptoms are awfull,i don t remember the last time i was so tired,my whole body burns and ache, and i have a 38 fever wich is 1,5 extra from usual temperature, the gums around the tooth are swolen aswell..Is the fever a normal response for a tooth infection? .can a tooth really cause whole body aches and ehxsaution?back in the past when i have tooth problem, it caused just pain there and maybe headeaches,but nothinh like this...

AndyPandy and ljimbo423 like this.
  2. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    Hi notmysef- Yes, a tooth infection can cause these symptoms. Here is a link to a thread that "Ian" started. He found out that an infection in his jaw caused his CFS. He had it treated and he no longer has CFS!

Here is a quote from WebMD

Jim

pattismith, mrquasar and notmyself like this.
  3. notmyself

notmyself Senior Member

thanks..it must be a conection for me aswell, i was doing fine for the last few weeks..since the tooth pain start i am miserable again, can 't be a coincidence..

pattismith and ljimbo423 like this.
  4. mrquasar

mrquasar Senior Member

Houston, TX USA
    You really should go to a dentist to get the cavity filled or tooth pulled if it's that bad.

Misfit Toy, E.man, pattismith and 2 others like this.
  5. Ian

Ian Senior Member

Dental infections are probably the primary driver of CFS in a lot of people. Dead teeth grow anaerobic bacteria. The metabolic waste is profoundly toxic to the body.

Misfit Toy, pattismith and notmyself like this.
  6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    For one year I walked around with an infection in my one tooth due to a root canal that went bad. I don't trust root canals personally. After a year, my whole face was swollen and especially the one cheek. I could barely turn my head. That whole year it was infected and that whole year I was so sick and with a headache on the side that it was infected. I was tired, always aching, emotionally off, etc. I can say from personal experience, once I had that tooth removed, my health improved drastically.

mrquasar and notmyself like this.
  7. E.man

E.man

Bega Valley , Australia
    DO THIS ^^ (now!)
    (or drop down from blood poisoning...).

Misfit Toy, alex3619 and notmyself like this.
  8. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    These symptoms can all be caused by an infected tooth. Infected teeth can be fatal, and need prompt attention.

Misfit Toy, mrquasar and E.man like this.
  9. notmyself

notmyself Senior Member

thanks guys ..i'm seeing a dentist today!

10. notmyself

notmyself Senior Member

i just arrive back from the dentist,i'm a little surprised by what the doctor told me, he told me that the tooth is bad and need extraction,but he doesnt think i have the fever from that or the other symptoms,he said is just a coincidence and i might have a flu or other stuff going on..He said i should have been much more swolen for it to cause a fever..if wasn t the tooth , and is not a flu( i don t have a symptoms of flu )then what was?..from what i know ME/CFs or PEM doesn t come with high fever( 38.8 C)

pattismith and Misfit Toy like this.
  11. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    @notmyself -when is the extraction? Did he give you an antibiotic? You should be on one. The extraction will give you the answer for sure. Hang in there...teeth issues can be the worst. This is a wisdom tooth so that means you won't see the extraction. Wisdom teeth should come out because they can push the other teeth forward.

pattismith likes this.
  12. notmyself

notmyself Senior Member

i just have the extraction..hurts like hell, but no more fever, back to normal 37...i am on antibiotic, i need to take 5 more days, they make me feel bad but i guess i need to take them ...

mrquasar, ljimbo423, Molly98 and 2 others like this.
  13. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    You are going to feel a lot better. Even dentists underestimate how ill a bad tooth can make people. Keep taking the anti bios. Helps to prevent infection following extraction.

See more popular forum discussions.