• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can’t describe how I feel

I find it very challenging to exactly explain how I feel most of the time. It’s more than tired/fatigue. I’m sluggish for sure and move kinda slow but it’s not my chief complaint. It’s more like my cns system is fried. Like a cross between an anxiety attack and a being on a downer. I guess the actual words don’t matter, but I wish I could perfectly verbalize this feeling. Perhaps it might actually make some sense. Is this just me?

confetti11

Nope and ditto.

I've been at this 18 years now...had lunch with a friend yesterday (which is hard to do right now, crawling out of a relapse of sorts for a year now) and was just telling her...I wish I could describe to you how I feel right now. I felt sickish. It was hard for me to sit still. I said to her...I can tell you feel fine...I don't have that...you're sitting there at ease. And she agreed.

Then, I had an appointment with my awesome doctor later that day, and I told him the same thing. I commented to about him being able to sit there with ease as well. And he said, "Yes, nothing is trying to get my attention at the moment." And I was like YES that's it. My body is just constantly in unease. It's constantly trying to get my attention. Feels kind of sick, kind of nauseous. On edge. Like I'm skating on ice.

We've addressed many issues over the years and have been able to get me to mostly 80% for many years. Yesterday, he and I were talking more about the vagus nerve. Which we've talked about in the past, but now we're going to try addressing it more. Get the parasympathetic nervous system to balance.

What’s interesting is I had one week right in the middle of the first year that was completely normal. I did a fast...out of desperation and fear. I tried to do water only, but by day 3 I was feeling week. Definitely an electrolyte imbalance. Also, quite sure I was having what some call a herx reaction. I broke the fast on day 4. Started eating small amounts...amazing how quick the stomach can shrink.

About 2 days after I broke the fast I felt completely normal. Figured I was cured. After about one week I started to go backwards. Over the last year I have had some good days and some not so good. I know the answer for me lies in another fast. Until the electrolyte imbalance it was like I was floating. Amazing experience with all senses heightened. All I can figure is the lack of energy my body had to spend on digestion allowed it to focus on my illness. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

jason30

I had this feeling for 2 years as well. It seems that the parasite was responsible for this feeling. After treating the parasite I started to feel better. + I went out this house with toxic mold.