1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Camelford drinking water inquest & Wessely

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Min, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I think that's just how people look after developing an addiction to psychobabbling :(

Maybe we should start an awareness campaign with before-and-after photos :D
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    Corporate leaders will explicitly state that their allegiance is to their stockholders not anyone else.
    It is morally bankrupt of them (and their toadies like Wesseley) as Athene stated the case of Unum, to not pay legitimate claims.

But our governments also have an obligation to enact and enforce laws that bring corporations to heel. Government's are indeed financially bankrupt and unable (even if the will was there) to protect citizens from corporate greed.

It really is the corporations in charge now. SW has decided to back the winning horse. If he has a conscience he's parked it at the door.

But, 'there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.' L Cohen

Let's hope they're now so greedy, they're sowing the seeds of their own destruction.
    Wildcat, Min and peggy-sue like this.
  3. MogMog

MogMog

Does anyone know what the reference to Shetland is about?
  4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    The role of journalism is to inform the public. Maybe, whatever the story is in Shetland, the local journalists failed?

I would suggest the mussel food poisoning issue in Shetland, but that was recent I think.
  5. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK

Maybe this is the answer, MogMog.

http://search.snapdo.com/?st=ds&q=shetland oil spillage

It may not be related to the above, but a doctor-friend of mine was asked to visit Shetland to meet with patients as there was such a high rate of ME on the island. Could it have been caused by exposure to OP in the sheep dip...........or was it connected to the pollution of the oil spillage?
  6. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Countrygirl
    sheep dip sounds a likely cause in that community.
    Dr My-hill was very involved with farmers in Wales who were ill from OP poisoning.
    Countrygirl likes this.
  7. MogMog

MogMog

Alex, yes there was the mussel food poisoning case - although I think they maybe exported the problem elsewhere, to posh London restaurants, rather than it remaining on the islands. Actually I don't know if anyone got ill from it, or if they caught it in time.
    Countrygirl, that's very interesting. I didn't know there was a high rate of ME on Shetland, although I did know of a woman there with it. I thought it might be a relatively healthy place to live, but yes there could be the sheep dip problem too. The OP activists were meeting with Andy Burnham recently, to highlight how many people are still ill with it.
    Just looked at the Camelford article written by Wessley and he was referring to the Braer oil spill on Shetland.

Patronising twat. And ill-informed. No local would say they had "Gaelic stoicism" as Shetlanders are Scandinavian in origin with no Gaelic heritage. Then he puts in a footnote saying there was an increase in psychological morbidity 6 months later - presumably in spite of their "dour Gaelic stoicism" and the fact that they weren't influenced by any "irresponsible reporting". And presumably that would be the kind of psychological morbidity brought on by excessive exposure to petrochemicals...
    You couldn't make this guy up, in your worst nightmare. Somebody please wave a wand and make him go away.
    peggy-sue, Min, maryb and 2 others like this.
  8. Min

Min Senior Member

UK

Instead, somebody waved a sword and gave him a knjghthood. That's his reward for denying the reality of Camelford, GWS, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis etc. for the government.
    MogMog, peggy-sue, maryb and 2 others like this.
  9. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    And just who could that be, Min????:D :) https://www.gov.uk/honours-committees Just scroll down and see who determines who is awarded an honour. :rofl:

No, I know it couldn't be that blatant, but it does seem that a certain person is ubiquitous................or maybe he is merely just omnipotent. :nervous:

C.G.
    Min likes this.
  10. MogMog

MogMog

Go on, Simon, have a knighthood.

Well, okay Simon, if you insist, thank you very much.
    Valentijn, Min and maryb like this.

See more popular forum discussions.