1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Lipkin Microbiome Crowdfunding Campaign Launches!
An ambitious $1.27m international, patient-led fundraising campaign storms into action. Sasha invites you to join it!
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Calendar of ME/CFS events - ask questions and discuss it here!

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Sasha, May 7, 2013.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We’re starting a thread with a calendar of upcoming ME/CFS events – conferences, rallies, meetings, online voting competitions and so on.

The calendar itself is here – you can contribute details of events on that thread and find out how to help maintain the calendar itself.

We’ll keep deleting obsolete material and posts on that thread to keep it tidy and easy to work on so I’m creating this thread to discuss the calendar and ask questions about it.

So have a look at the calendar, read the posts below it -- which include calendar FAQs --, and feel free to ask questions or discuss it here.
    Bob likes this.
  2. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Perhaps it might be a good idea to also create a separate post for "old events", in the calender thread, where the events that have happened can be posted in chronological order. This would allow you to delete the old events from the first post (keeping it tidy), while keeping a record of old events. Just a thought.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Hi Bob - and thanks for your earlier message - fixed that now!

Hadn't thought about keeping an archive - wondering in what way it would be useful. If there's a good rationale for it, it could be done - any thoughts?
  4. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Thinking about it again, I can't see any point in keeping an archive of old events!
    (Not been awake for long! Brain not engaged yet!)
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Fair enough! :)
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Great idea Sasha. Would there be any way to have this as part of the "control panel"? This way, one does not need to search for this forum category when they either want to look up what's on the calendar or if they want to add an event.
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Hi Nielk - what 'control panel' do you mean?
  8. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    On top of the page where it gives you the options of: Home, Forum, Blogs, Albums, etc..
    It could possibly say "calendar of events" ?
  9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Oh! See what you mean.

People navigate the site in different ways, I gather, and some might miss this as a tab who will spot it on the forums page.

I started it up in this way because the admin team are overloaded and PR has a lot of projects on the backburner until more volunteers come forward to help with the site. By using a normal thread as a calendar, it meant I could set up a calendar immediately without requiring tech/admin support.

I think in the fullness of time, if enough volunteers come forward to take on this work, various features of the site might get rationalised and I guess this would similarly be reviewed, taking the layout of the site as a whole.
    Nielk likes this.
  10. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    I honestly believe we don't have any more room to add new tabs. When I added the forum yesterday, I put it at the top of forum list for the best visibility. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find a really good calendar add-on that would suit our needs. There is one we looked at but it seems to make things way more complicated and duplicated than we need.

I think as we move forward and see what works and what doesn't work, we might get a clearer picture of the best way to do things.

I am happy to work with members to get this all sorted out. If you have ideas, please let us know because we can work on them together.

Kina.
  11. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I think this is a great idea so thanks to whoever thought of it.

I myself think an archive page in which the old events to be taken out go would be a good idea so people could look back on what has been going on for the last year or whatever. (hopefully with time the ME/CFS field will grow and there will be far more events).

There is nothing here where I are in which I could put onto it.
    Little Bluestem likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.