• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Calcium for tachycardia

I know high pulse rate can be a problem for many people on this forum. The worse I feel, the higher the pulse (cause or effect, who knows?). My 'bed' days can have resting pulse 100, any movement out of bed will easily send it to 130 or higher. Quite by accident, I found that taking 500mg of calcium will bring it down to the resting rate around 80 within 1/2 hour. Works every time for me. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this? Or could explain it?

sillysocks84

I have read somewhere that calcium in excess can be linked to later heart issues. I have this same fast heart rate issue but what had been working pretty well for me is massaging and stimulating my vagus nerve. It controls heart rate. I can find links for this later.