• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Caffeine

u&iraok

Not to mention what coffee does when rats are prenatally exposed to it *shudders*

Caffeine is a definite factor of intrauterine growth retardation (IUGR). Previously, we have confirmed that prenatal caffeine ingestion inhibits the development of hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal (HPA) axis, and alters the glucose and lipid metabolism in IUGR fetal rats.

I'm blaming my problems on my mother smoking while pregnant (even if it has nothing to do with it :p):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24999830

CONCLUSIONS:
Results provide initial support for our hypothesis that M[aternal]S[moking]D[uring]P[regnancy] programs offspring HPA (dys)regulation.

My issue lies with anterior pituitary. PMGs from Standard Process for all the endocrine system helped a lot.

I'm sensitive to caffeine, too. I don't do well with coffee but I can tolerate half a cup of organic decaf after dinner. If I have caffeine in the morning it makes me sick. I do drink a little green tea but it has to be weak organic matcha. It makes me feel good. I love jasmine and lung ching (dragonwell) but they have to be weak and I can't always tolerate them. Worried about fluoride's effect on thyroid because heavy green tea drinking affected my thyroid.

How about herbal tea? I was just reading an article about some Greek Island and the reasons for the peoples' health there and one of them was the herbal tea they drank.