• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

c4a

Rrrr

hi folks,

where do you get c4a tested? i used to do it with labcorp and they sent it to the national jewish center (or something like that). but this last one at labcorp (done 3 wks ago) did not say that on the sheet. are they doing this test internally at labcorp now? and is it accurate if it is done internally?

rrrr

Daffodil

Hi rrr. How are you doing now with the GcMaf? Has your crash gotten better?

just my opinion, but i dont see why it wouldnt be accurate if done at labcorp...

Quest Labs does the test too, through their "Specialty Labs" Nichols Institute in Valencia, (you must indicate on the requisition where to send the blood cuz they often do it wrong)

http://www.specialtylabs.com/about_us/contact_us.asp

I heard that UNVEX will be doing the test too at some point.

xoxo

Rrrr

okay, here is some info another forum member sent me that could be helpful to others. that forum member wrote:

Sorry to say that C4a via NJC is no longer done thru LabCorp. and the in-house turned out to not be reliable per Shoemaker on www.survivingmold.com
It's [now] only [done correctly] at Quest..but get the right code for your local area...go here and select your local lab and look for C4a test.
see www.questdiagnostics.com/home/physicians/test-center.html

then the forum member continued with this info:

[the] Quest C4a [test] is [done] thru [the] National Jewish Center if you get the right code and it should say so in the descripton under "Performing Laboratory".

Some of the Quest test codes vary by region for the same tests (unlike LabCorp codes). Example: the Quest Baltimore code for C4a via Nat'l Jewish Ctr is 42658. The Quest Auburn Hills C4a code is 19956. Find the Quest test code for your local area...go here and select your local lab and search for C4a test. Some regions don't list some tests. [For example] I cannot seem to find C4a test codes for Cambridge MA or Wallingford CT.
see www.questdiagnostics.com/home/physicians/test-center.html

For other tests that Dr. Shoemaker runs, see the lab order sheet link below but note that the Quest codes are for Baltimore's Quest. Check if your region's Quest codes are the same or not offered at all. By contrast,The LabCorp codes seem to be good nationwide.
http://www.survivingmold.com/docs/Diagnosis/Lab Orders/Physician Order Sheet_8_31_2011.xls.pdf