August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

C4a near 13,0000, help

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Clerner, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    C3a is normal
    Cd57/cd8 absolute: 68
    Cd57/cd3/cd8 absolute:45
    Nevasive on Western blot

Can anything elevate C4a (other than mold) Is this chronic lyme?

Also positive for ebv, parvovirus, hhv6, mycoplasma, chlamydia, and Coxsackie. Can these viruses elevate C4a this high?
    Thanks for any info.

2. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi @Clerner. some say that high C4a and normal C3a means Lyme but I think it just means chronic infection with something or a number of things.

if I were you, I would send away for the LTT ESLIPOT test for Borrelia from Armin Labs to check to see if Lyme is a factor.

xoxoxo

Clerner likes this.
  3. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    Thanks, good advice. I will look into that. So, the western blot still can be false negative?

4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

well...I can tell you that I had every test imaginable for years in the USA..Including the Igenex panel, which they say is NEVER false negative and possibly false positive....but I was negative on every single test...until I had the ELISPOT

5. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

@Clerner ..you said your C4a is 13 0000...... did you accidentally add an extra zero?

Clerner likes this.
  6. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    Ha ha, yes! 13,000!

7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

@Clerner ......my C4a in 2014 was 17728 (normal: 0 - 2830). after over a year of lyme-related treatment, it was 9025. i will have it tested again in a few months (it's expensive to test here), but i will bet it is approaching normal!

Clerner likes this.
  8. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    @Daffodil Good to know. What antibiotics and for how long?

See more popular forum discussions.