1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

(by Peter White) "Chronic fatigue syndrome service: St Bartholomew’s (Barts) Hospital, London"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I thought this was semi-related to this thread and not worth starting a new one for.

maxwhd posted a link to a White article I was sure we'd discussed before, saying much the same as the above, but I couldn't find it on here so thought I'd risk a repost: http://t.co/IqQYjngWfE

The thing I thought was most interesting about it was the description of the interventions. There's no mention of APT's 70% rule, and really, it makes APT's 'presumption' sound necessarily true - unless you think that CFS patient's energy levels are infinite. From that description, APT would seem to be able to include CBT and GET.

Valentijn likes this.
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

The thing is that it's not that individually designed with restricted mutual planning possible according to the manual. It's about breaking the link between symptoms and activity levels. So if one increases activity levels, and experiences increased activity, one is supposed to maintain such activity levels for a week or two.

peggy-sue, Wildcat and Valentijn like this.
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

From his descriptions, it would be hard to know whether one was doing GET or APT.

Valentijn, peggy-sue and Wildcat like this.
  4. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Quietly morphing GET into some form of pacing, while still calling it GET, began some time back, I suspect.

See more popular forum discussions.