1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Butcher's broom (Ruscus aculeatus) - herbal midodrine

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by ramakentesh, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. i didnt get any anxiety from it at all. I seem to get that feeling that you are describing more from midodrine :) Do you have POTS with peripheral or stomach pooling?
  2. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    I don't have POTS as a rule, but NMH. (However if my life depended on rushing or trying to run, especially in the morning, I could, or have, suddenly gone into that very unpleasant heart-pounding over-reaction of the body trying to get some circulation going.) I did feel a sort of physical anxiety with 3 capsules of the Nature's Way Butcher's Broom on top of the Midodrine. But since I am still experimenting to see if this herb can have some value in my case, today I am taking 1 capsule on top of Midodrine, and it feels: so far, so good.
  3. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

I was thinking that at least butchers might provide an alterative for people who have to go off midodrine or become tolerant to it and want a 'holiday' to improve that tolerance?

Im in a bind here at the moment. DO I go midodrine and feel pretty good but maybe a little hyped up or mestonin and not as good and almost sleepy?

See more popular forum discussions.