1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Butcher's broom (Ruscus aculeatus) - herbal midodrine

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by ramakentesh, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. i didnt get any anxiety from it at all. I seem to get that feeling that you are describing more from midodrine :) Do you have POTS with peripheral or stomach pooling?

2. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    I don't have POTS as a rule, but NMH. (However if my life depended on rushing or trying to run, especially in the morning, I could, or have, suddenly gone into that very unpleasant heart-pounding over-reaction of the body trying to get some circulation going.) I did feel a sort of physical anxiety with 3 capsules of the Nature's Way Butcher's Broom on top of the Midodrine. But since I am still experimenting to see if this herb can have some value in my case, today I am taking 1 capsule on top of Midodrine, and it feels: so far, so good.

3. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

I was thinking that at least butchers might provide an alterative for people who have to go off midodrine or become tolerant to it and want a 'holiday' to improve that tolerance?

Im in a bind here at the moment. DO I go midodrine and feel pretty good but maybe a little hyped up or mestonin and not as good and almost sleepy?

See more popular forum discussions.