1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Burning Stomach with B complex

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Christopher, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a B complex causing a really severe burning in the stomach. I took one this morning and my stomach has been burning all day, pretty severely. Of course I am stopping it but any ideas?
  2. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    yeah, I switch to subilingual, Also when If I get the burning I eat an avacado, or drink kefir for temporary relief. When everything else fail tumbs or prevacid.
  3. Christopher

Pennsylvania
    thanks. i didnt know a b complex was available sublingually. i am also thinking about scrapping the complex and getting them individually so i can have a better idea of side effects. my stomach is still sore this morning :(
  4. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Were you taking it with food? If you were, it sounds like your stomach is extremely sensitive. Either that, or the product is just awful.
  5. Christopher

Pennsylvania
    yes, I took it with breakfast. To be fair, i have been tinkering with butyrate/yucca/goldenseal prior to this, so my gut was already in a sensitive state. the b complex just seemed to add fuel to the fire. It was jarrow's b-right by the way. I have used it before without this problem, but never continuously so it seems it never has agreed with my body.

not sure how worthwhile multis are for me since i seem to be sensitive to lots of things. tough to tell what the problem is when there are 10 different ingredients not inluding fillers.

i have upped my glutamine intake and it seems to have taken the edge off the raw feeling in my gut.
  6. cph13

cph13 Senior Member

USA
    Thinktank likes this.
  7. Christopher

Pennsylvania
    I have been trying Swanson b complex now, with the same result. Stomach starts reacting, I get a white tongue, and my MCS gets severely worse. I wonder if my gut pathogens are being fed instead of me.

See more popular forum discussions.