• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Burning Stomach with B complex

Christopher

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a B complex causing a really severe burning in the stomach. I took one this morning and my stomach has been burning all day, pretty severely. Of course I am stopping it but any ideas?

Seven7

Seven
yeah, I switch to subilingual, Also when If I get the burning I eat an avacado, or drink kefir for temporary relief. When everything else fail tumbs or prevacid.

Christopher

thanks. i didnt know a b complex was available sublingually. i am also thinking about scrapping the complex and getting them individually so i can have a better idea of side effects. my stomach is still sore this morning :(

adreno

PR activist
Were you taking it with food? If you were, it sounds like your stomach is extremely sensitive. Either that, or the product is just awful.

Christopher

yes, I took it with breakfast. To be fair, i have been tinkering with butyrate/yucca/goldenseal prior to this, so my gut was already in a sensitive state. the b complex just seemed to add fuel to the fire. It was jarrow's b-right by the way. I have used it before without this problem, but never continuously so it seems it never has agreed with my body.

not sure how worthwhile multis are for me since i seem to be sensitive to lots of things. tough to tell what the problem is when there are 10 different ingredients not inluding fillers.

i have upped my glutamine intake and it seems to have taken the edge off the raw feeling in my gut.

cph13

Christopher

I have been trying Swanson b complex now, with the same result. Stomach starts reacting, I get a white tongue, and my MCS gets severely worse. I wonder if my gut pathogens are being fed instead of me.