• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Burning on Head and Spine is driving me crazy

maryb

iherb code TAK122
BTW the burning and crawling feeling on my body and scalp disappeared when I took Valtrex, I only took it for a couple of weeks but it stayed away for a while, I'm wondering whether to restart it? I didn't feel well on it but I'm wondering whether if its the virus is getting a hold again I should try and suffer it. I'm also due to have an MRI scan soon so it'll be interesting to hear the results.

I know this is an old thread but did anyone figure out what is causing this excruciating burning in the head and spine?

In my case it comes with the flares, I am going to get tested for lupus. My MRI and MRA of the head came back clear except for chronic sinusitis. This flare started in October last year and I gradually got worse and worse, burning in the spine and head and also random burning all over my body are some of the other symptoms, pins and needles, bad anxiety, depression, feeling spaced out, cognitive issues etc etc .... this is my second worst flare in the last 2 years so I am going to have to rule out lupus which I've heard can cause this symptoms. I am house bound mostly now, bed bound a lot of the day .. I also have constant dizziness and balance issues...

I also have joint pain all over and cracking in my joints ..

Last time the rheumatologist I have seen told me I have fibromyalgia .. I am still worrying about having lupus, have days when it's hard to walk.

Did anyone get tested for lupus?

I have a lyme diagnosis (negative test), my llmd diagnosed based on my clinical symptoms, so I am still wondering if this is not lupus.

Al

Yes I have recurrent bouts of it may last hours, days, weeks or months. 2 months one time nearly took everything from me on many levels.
first time here...hi to all...re burning spine, brain...b complex, extra biotin 5000mg, thiamine b1 300 mg works for me thank God...

Seven7

Seven
@Alexandru Matei I figured it out how to make it go away, I take Acetyl L Cartinine 1000 with ALA 400, It comes all in one pill. It is not a cure because it comes back if I get off of it but I have been taking it solid for 2 years and burning is gone (while on it).