1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Burning muscles

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Arizona, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Arizona

Arizona

I was wondering if anyone could suggest something that might help with this. I mostly notice it in my legs. They burn even when I'm resting but walking up stairs makes it even worse. It's like lactic acid build up and it's really getting me down. It's been going on for months and it's constant.
    rosie26 likes this.
  2. Hugocfs

Hugocfs Senior Member

U.S.A.
    For me, nsaids and acetaminophen didn't work at al. I found ldn has been fairly effective with that burning sensation in the shin/ankle areas. I take 3 mg at bedtime. When I tried a higher dose, I immediately noticed more pain as I tried to titrate higher. You'll have to experiment to find the best level for you, which will be between 2 and 5 mg. Good luck. Just remember to start low (~0.5 mg) and go slow.
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    This happened to me when I first got sick. It was because I was over-using those muscles, and it stopped once I stopped walking too much. You may need to drastically cut back on using your legs :(
  4. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    Same with me, it took me 5 weeks after walking too much to get rid of that aching lactic acid feeling. Five weeks of underdoing it. I wish there was some way to speed up the process but I suspect increased methylation and increased glutathione is the only way we know of so far...
    Valentijn likes this.
  5. rosie26

rosie26 moderate ME

NZ
    Have you tried D Ribose ? Arizona

I have had this symptom so bad over the years. Last year it worsened to the point where it triggered a very serious deterioration in my M.E. The D Ribose has helped take a good amount of edge of it. And also lessened nausea, which has been an added bonus.

It would be worth trying, it doesn't work for some, but if you are one of the lucky ones like me - you will not ever want to stop taking it. It is like gold to me.
    Arizona likes this.
  6. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    Wow, Rosie, so good to know. I will try dRibose next time I get that awful leg exhaustion.
    rosie26 likes this.
  7. rosie26

rosie26 moderate ME

NZ
    Great Helen, :) really hope it works for you too xx
  8. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    1 glass Alkala N at 10 am a day for 6 weeks

Alkala N produced by
    SANUM-KEHLBECK GmbH & Co.KG

Hasseler Steinweg 9-12
    27318 Hoya
    Postfach 1355
    27316 Hoya
    Duitsland

Tel 04251 9352-0
    http://www.sanum.com/
  9. Arizona

Arizona

Thank you for the suggestions. I have some d-ribose here so I will try it. I have also read that calcium and magnesium may help.
    rosie26 likes this.
  10. jammies

jammies

Wow - I had no idea other people experienced that. When I mention it to my doctor, she looks at my like I am on crack. I found 2 things help a ton with that - potassium and L-glutamine. I found both by accident. If I take both, I have no symptoms.

Not sure if either of those are a problem for ME though.

See more popular forum discussions.