• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Burning muscles

I was wondering if anyone could suggest something that might help with this. I mostly notice it in my legs. They burn even when I'm resting but walking up stairs makes it even worse. It's like lactic acid build up and it's really getting me down. It's been going on for months and it's constant.

Hugocfs

For me, nsaids and acetaminophen didn't work at al. I found ldn has been fairly effective with that burning sensation in the shin/ankle areas. I take 3 mg at bedtime. When I tried a higher dose, I immediately noticed more pain as I tried to titrate higher. You'll have to experiment to find the best level for you, which will be between 2 and 5 mg. Good luck. Just remember to start low (~0.5 mg) and go slow.

Valentijn

I was wondering if anyone could suggest something that might help with this. I mostly notice it in my legs. They burn even when I'm resting but walking up stairs makes it even worse. It's like lactic acid build up and it's really getting me down. It's been going on for months and it's constant.
This happened to me when I first got sick. It was because I was over-using those muscles, and it stopped once I stopped walking too much. You may need to drastically cut back on using your legs :(

helen1

Same with me, it took me 5 weeks after walking too much to get rid of that aching lactic acid feeling. Five weeks of underdoing it. I wish there was some way to speed up the process but I suspect increased methylation and increased glutathione is the only way we know of so far...

rosie26

Have you tried D Ribose ? Arizona

I have had this symptom so bad over the years. Last year it worsened to the point where it triggered a very serious deterioration in my M.E. The D Ribose has helped take a good amount of edge of it. And also lessened nausea, which has been an added bonus.

It would be worth trying, it doesn't work for some, but if you are one of the lucky ones like me - you will not ever want to stop taking it. It is like gold to me.

Thank you for the suggestions. I have some d-ribose here so I will try it. I have also read that calcium and magnesium may help.

Wow - I had no idea other people experienced that. When I mention it to my doctor, she looks at my like I am on crack. I found 2 things help a ton with that - potassium and L-glutamine. I found both by accident. If I take both, I have no symptoms.

Not sure if either of those are a problem for ME though.