• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

burdock herb

xrayspex

Hi--I am curious of people's positive or negative experiences with this herb like as a tea. What helped or hurt with and especially people with multiple chemical sensitivity.

ebethc

I've had good experience w burdock... and I have some MCS.. Have you read that it's good for MCS? I feel like my aches and pains are better when I take burdock.

Lately, I've been taking proteolytic enzymes, and they are amazingly helpful.. Also, zinc (BioZinc by solary) and vitamin d

xrayspex

hey thanks, I like what i have read about burdock and I bought a little bit loose at our coop to make some tea and liked the taste---I have been in a flare and it coincided around a couple of days where I waxed and waned so couldn't tell what was causing what, so I thought I would start out slow---something made me detox or something though because my pee was more odorous ;) so if that was the Burdock I would start slow

the zinc cold tablets by hyland have been really helpful for me, seems like right amount of zinc for me

I am really low on my vitamin d, a 7, but unfortunately every time I have tried to supplement with any form of it I feel worse, insomnia and irritability etc I don't do well in the sun either, so I am trying to find foods that I can tolerate, don't like how I feel on salmon and tuna but am couple times week trying to eat smoked oysters or sardines and trying flax oil now and then, not sure if a sun lamp would make me feel like the sun does but maybe its worth a shot