• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bump in the head or shape changing skull

Seven7

Seven
Am I the only one who gets random bumps in her head? they are under the skin, no pain when touched, is as if they are under the bone, they do not last long, sometimes hours and top 3 days was the longest I had that was in my forehead and very noticeably I wish I had taken a picture.

Yesterday I felt horrible, and this strange head ache (I never had headaches before CFS, just when I got mono, measles.. So headache = something really bad for me). Neck was stiff and felt lymph bothersome, So then I noticed a bump in the side of my head on top of side of the skull right on top of the left ear but more to the top of the head. Then the pressure behind my left eye. I felt horrible like something was terribly wrong. Then I got a few hours later the pain got better but then my left lymph nodes in the throat got so swollen I could not swallow, I asked hubby for a tea, then sip on it and the left ear started to hurt, at this point I felt so bad I went to bed.

I woke up better next day, throat is good and lymph nodes were almost normal. As the night came back some throat discomfort and some burning where the lump used to be last night.

I always get this random lumps that come and go. It is not lymph since it does not correspond to the place. Any idea what this could be??? I know that ME stand for inflammation of the brain and spinal cord (which I can relate to) but I want to make sure I am not missing something.

Seven7

Seven
Anybody? I am starting to wonder if I have something else on top of ME/CFS (even instead).
I had killer headache yesterday, and today wakeup with a Bump on the opposite side of the pain, some pain still today.

andyguitar

I have had this and I dont have ME/CFS!!!! Most probably the muscle/tendons in your scalp are contracting. It will cause headache. I got it after a shoulder injury, lasted about 3 months on and off. Am fine now but well remember the feeling. Like having your head slowly crushed. :nervous:

Wayne

Hi @inester7,

I've not heard of this before, but it doesn't surprise me. I'm used to seeing people with ME develop all sorts of odd things as the disease progresses. I've noticed a lot of "peculiar" things about my head over many years, including headaches, pressures, various pains, and more. Once I learned about DMSO, I began to apply it to my head, except for where I have hair.

It definitely improved a lot of my "syndromes", perhaps especially the head pressure. Which made sense, because DMSO reduces pain and inflammations and improves circulation. It's become an easy habit to apply--right after I come out of the shower. I also apply it on my lower back, and more recently, my knee. Does the same, reduces pain and inflammation.​