• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Building or Borrowing a Media Contact List

justinreilly

I think it's essential that we get together a contact list of media, eg. newspapers, video programs, podcasts, magazines, tweeters and blogs that are either devoted to or have sections on health or government/policy/politics.

For example, when I was involved in the Sierra Club we used an encyclopedic list of all print and video media that was prepared by EMILY'S List. That one wouldn't be the best one for us since it included every tiny newspaper. But, I bet some organization devoted to some other disease maintains the type of list for which we are looking.

Does anyone have any contacts at any org like this and is there anyone who, if that doesn't pan out, would help me contact various groups?

This list would be used to contact media to draw their attention to news stories on ME such as the current opposition to the IOM Contract.

Delia

I think it's essential that we get together a contact list of media, eg. newspapers, video programs, podcasts, magazines, tweeters and blogs that are either devoted to or have sections on health or government/policy/politics.

For example, when I was involved in the Sierra Club we used an encyclopedic list of all print and video media that was prepared by EMILY'S List. That one wouldn't be the best one for us since it included every tiny newspaper. But, I bet some organization devoted to some other disease maintains the type of list for which we are looking.

Does anyone have any contacts at any org like this and is there anyone who, if that doesn't pan out, would help me contact various groups?

This list would be used to contact media to draw their attention to news stories on ME such as the current opposition to the IOM Contract.
Let me check with my contact

I moved over to the Facebook page created by others to fight the IOM. Link in my signature...