• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Buffering Acidic Supplements and Making Diluted Liquid Solutions

Lotus97

I take a lot of powdered supplements so I like to mix them up for the entire day to save me some work, but I have some questions. My mix will potentially include vitamins, minerals, amino acids, Alpha Lipoic Acid, NAC, Creatine, GABA.

I know you can buffer Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), but what about other supplements such as amino acids and alpha lipoic acid? I know you can change the pH of them, but my question is whether this alters other properties of the supplement.

Also, will leaving them in water for a long period of time change their properties? Someone said something about liquid methylcobalamin being light sensitive. I've also read something about Creatine losing potency in liquid, but I'm not sure if that's over a period of hours, days, or weeks. Also, Glutathione isn't supposed to be able to be stored in liquid for long periods of time.