1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Buddhism & CFS

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by starryeyes, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Am picturing a dreambirdie with chicken legs and magenta nails, dancing in clogs.
    On the deck.

Oh yeah. That is so you. :D
  2. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    :eek: :D:D:D:p:D:D:D:p:p:D:D:D

Now I really am going to burst my spleen from laughing!
  3. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    Clogging! Do you guys know clogging? It's big around here.
  4. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    I know OF clogging. I've seen it. Never done it.
  5. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    Yeah, me neither. I'm not a real WNC local.
  6. Marylib

Marylib Senior Member

New Zealand
    What's happenin'?

Well I was planning to check into this thread when I had time and then I started reading and my brain fried. Seems some stuff has been goin' down, y'all.

At any rate, I am not into religion actually....but do some Buddhist meditations along with others that fit my devotional bent....never found religion to be helpful in experiencing that purity of consciousness that is the end all and be all to moi. Those moments come when they come and to me, meditation is a means of tuning in to who we really are. Yeah, something like that...

Hahha...uh...that's all....folks, says Elmer Fudd.
  7. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

I can merge the two threads together if that seems like a good thing to do...Only question would be where to put it - Comm. Lounge or Mind/Body??
  8. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Hi Kim,

I don't think there's much point in saving this thread, personally. It has much in it that is very valuable and we were all there for those moments.

Let's just let it roll away and perhaps another thread can be started re Buddhist practice and Meditation & ME/CFS... or not. Let's just see how it goes.

This may not be the right time. It should be put to Teejkay. The time will come again.

Peace out,
    Koan
  9. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Hi Kim--

This thread has been such an inspiration for so many of us. Please don't chuck it. Merging it with the other one would be okie dokie with me...
    and either place seems fine.
  10. Lucie

Lucie

U.S. Southwest
    Koan, we weren't all there for those moments.

Some of us lower-functioning ones can only read and digest a bit at a time, coming back as we can for a bit more.

But do what you need to do.

Lucie
  11. Dr. Yes

Dr. Yes Shame on You

Lucie's right, this thread has nice stuff on it that I still go back to, so whatever we do, it should remain as a... stump, I guess. I guess people could keep posting on either one; that's a nice non-linear way to go. :D

Whatever Koan and Teej say. They're the masterminds. Koan is my teacher. Kim's the DJ, freshie's the MC.

OK, I'll go to bed.
  12. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Hi Lucie,

It's not "my" thread, it's Teej's. Well, it's everyone's but I am putting it that way simply to illustrate that my thoughts on the thread carry no more weight than anyone's.

DrYes,

Are you going to bed, as in going to sleep, from yesterday?! Something tells me that this is not today's nap you are contemplateing but yesterday night's sleep!

As soon as I open my retreat, I'm checking you in!

Peace out,
    Koan

ETA I don't think anyone was suggesting "chucking" the thread in any way. The discussion is about merging two threads which have diverged... in a wood, yes?
  13. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Thank you all for letting me decide. :) I actually started to panic when I was reading that you might chuck the thread. B R E A T H E

Ahhh.. I must remember to practice non-attachment.

Anyway, I would like this thread to stay in the lounge. I like to come down here to unwind from it all, don't you? :)

It's okey dokey with me if you want to merge the two threads or don't.

I think the main thing is that we got back on track. Auuummmmmmmm

Btw, I also love the fish head song! It brings back happy memories of camp.
  14. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Hey Teej,

This was a very interesting exercise in non attachment for me, too!

Who posted about "refraining". That was spot on for me because the thread became a place for me to practice understanding that I didn't need to always have something to say and that I did not need to try to influence something when it did not go as I thought it would.

It has been very useful for me.

Thanks for that!
  15. Dreambirdie

N. California
    That was TREE, back before X-mas. It was a great post!
  16. Dreambirdie

N. California
    about refraining

I love this post, so now that Koan's mentioned it, I thought I'd re-post it for anyone who's interested.

17. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    a blessing all over again

Thanks Dreambirdie for posting Tree's post again. What a lovely way to start my day.

And thank you Tree for sharing. Your thoughts continue to move me.
  18. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Thanks for reposting this DB.

It's a very powerful little essay.

Thank you Tree!
  19. jackie

jackie Senior Member

Ok...so I pop my head out from the mangled bundle of blankets I call my bed - my lair...into the blinding light of day (I am sick, sick, oh-so-SICK...afraid I've lost all the hard-won ground I gained for the past three years - wondering if I'll ever feel the same again - and it wasn't all that great to begin with). So....now what?

I think OK...I'll peek into the Buddhist Thread (you know, in lieu of listening to my Pema Chodron cd "Good Medicine - How to turn Pain into Compassion with Tonglen Meditation") and I read and I read - but the only words (out of SO MANY words) I can seem to UNDERSTAND are:

1. chicken legs
    2. Jody Llama Baby
    3. Joseph Campbell
    4. llamas, and Lamas
    5. Fish Heads Fish Heads...Roly Poly Fish Heads (BTW - I didn't hear the Fish Head song....NO! I was given detailed instructions on how to apply hair Dye...I mean REALLY!? Hair Dye?)
    6. Oh, and the "Dalai Lama"
    7. and Billy Mumy? (or did I hallucinate that?)

Out of what? 29/30 pages? I felt like I kocked on the wrong door, on the wrong street, in the wrong neighborhood OR sort of the way I felt when in 1970, I drove thru Jack-In-The-Box, riding in the back of a friends Hearse and ordered a lot of food, after smoking some Acapulco Gold...and couldn't recognise anything or understand a word said for three days!

THAT'S what reading and attempting to follow the compelling twists and turns of this very interesting and yet sometimes strange thread reminded me of!:eek:

But then...as I continued to read, I started to feel BETTER! - like maybe I WAS on the right street, knocking on the RIGHT door and maybe I was HOME!

I began to "recognise" the names, to "hear" my friends voices, grasp each individual sense of humor - the unique and heart-felt writing styles.....yep, this is home!

I am B R E A T H I N G (quite Peacefully).....once, again:)

Love.....jackie;)

ps...thanks for Tree's Essay!:)
  20. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Hey Jackie--

Good to hear from you!

I am really very sad that you have been feeling so ill. :(:(:( It sucks. I hope you feel some relief and improvement as the days go by.

As for this thread... yes it has manifested some weirdness lately, but these diversions were in the interest of regaining sanity via goofiness.
    Sometimes humor is the best route to take out of a stressful situation. If you know what I mean.

I think that's why the Dalai Lama has such a great sense of humor and such a hearty laugh. :cool:;):):)

See more popular forum discussions.