1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Brussels info anyone...?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Daffodil, May 13, 2013.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi all. i wonder if anyone here knows if its practical to try to get from "Brussels Midi" to Dr. DeMeirleir's office by public transit, and if so, how?
    i tried to call some tourism place but cannot get a real person.
    thank you!
    xoxo
  2. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

You can take a train out there then a bus or taxi the rest of the way. That's what I did. The office can give you details..bus numbers etc.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Yes, contact the office. But there is a train to Vilvoorde (just 2 stops) from one of the main stations and then bus # 47 from the Vilvoorde station to the clinic (get off at the Hoogveld stop).

Sushi
  4. Legolas

Legolas

Belgium
    I take the train to Brussels Nord and then the train to Vilvoorde (direction Antwerp). Then you have to take bus 47 indeed. When you leave the station of Vilvoorde bus 47 is on your left, it's a different bus (MIVB, orange and grey ) then the others (De Lijn, jellow and white). You stop at Hoogveld, cross the road and Himmunitas is just 40m away.
    http://www.mivb.be/irj/go/km/docs/horaires/47/schema/20110314/47_1.gif
  5. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    other people have given good answers. Only thing that I would say is that it is quite straightforward, especially the train part, and cheap and quick.
    merylg likes this.
  6. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

wow thanks all! excellent

i understand the 47 stops running after 5 pm so looks like a long taxi ride back downtown!
  7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hello all. I am near avenue louise now.....rue paul spaak 15 to be exact. I looked up google public transit directions to dr. demeirleir's office and they said to take tram 94 towards cim. de jette (?) - not sure where to get off - then walk to outré-ponts, take bus 57 towards hop. militaire, get off at dghr domaine militaire, then walk 6 min. to de tyraslaan 111.

does anyone know if this sounds right ? I am a little scared of getting lost!

thank you!!!
  8. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Hope you've made it now and haven't had too much trouble! I'm not sure on that stuff really but his clinic is near the military hospital so it is likely correct or very close!
    5150 and heapsreal like this.

See more popular forum discussions.