• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Broken cruciate ligaments in both knees and also cervicals for no reason. Anyone?

Gingergrrl

@MNC If you only took it once 15 yrs ago then I doubt it is the cause. But it is cumulative damage so if you took several times it is possible.

The damage and injury did not occur until the 7th pill for me. In any case, now that you have these injuries, I would NOT take any FQ antibiotics ever again.

Crux

Hi, I think that inflammation from a variety of causes can injure joints and ligaments. ( not always activity or inactivity)

In my case, diet and infections seem to be the most suspect.
I feel better on a primal/paleo type diet. ( modified )
For some people, refined carbohydrates can be inflammatory.

Since the 'joinery' is made of collagen, I believe it's a good idea to have a lot of bone broth, or even gelatin itself. Gelatin is easy to make. Vitamin C and copper are also necessary for the body to form collagen. ( They're acidic, so careful with quantity.)

I agree that antibiotics can be inflammatory to a degree, but infections can also create acids that dissolve ligaments.
( lactic acid )