• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Broken bone healing

After my broken foot operation I got a nasty case of Staph. I had to do three rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it. Hospitals suck :Retro mad:

Jemal

After my broken foot operation I got a nasty case of Staph. I had to do three rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it. Hospitals suck :Retro mad:

Yeah, my current infection is probably caused by Staph as well. Antibiotics seem to have halted the advance of the infection for the moment, so that's good. Now to get rid of it...

ukxmrv

Agree about the hospital staff. After I had the injuries from the accident and was seen in hospital no one acknowledged or cared that there could be complications for a patient with ME.

That's been true for every single hospital visit. I've had infections after dental treatment and minor surgery. Seems to be the norm for me.

Hope the infection clears up soon, Jemal.