The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

British scientists hopeful for HIV cure - British man may be cured after trial of new therapy

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Mary, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    Justin30, L'engle, Hutan and 3 others like this.
  2. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

Promising news coverage also recently appeared as follows in the US:

HIV 'Cure' Rx for Briton

A 44-year old British man may become the first in the world to be cured of HIV using a pioneering new therapy...which uses a vaccine and the drug Vorinostat, which activates dormant T-cells.

He is the first of 50 people to complete a trial of the ambitious treatment...

L'engle, Webdog and Mary like this.
  3. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    This just seems unbelievable, too good to be true almost ... but the whole point seems to be using and stimulating the immune system to fight the infection. In a similar vein, cancer researchers are finally getting away from bombarding people with poison (and destroying their immune systems in the process of trying to kill cancerous cells) and instead are trying to work with the immune system to fight cancer. It's incredibly promising --

4. Glycon

Glycon World's Most Dangerous Hand Puppet

ON, Canada
    Came expecting the therapy in question to be something "biopsychosocial". Not even joking.

My opinion of the UK scientific community has really plummeted since becoming acquainted with their contributions to the study of ME/CFS...

Mary, TigerLilea and Woolie like this.
  5. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    This is what happens when research dollars are well spent.

Justin30, OhShoot, Solstice and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.