1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

British Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME (BACME) - anyone know anything?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, Nov 22, 2009.

1. creekfeet

creekfeet Sockfeet

Eastern High Sierra
    bananaman, that's excellent. It's exciting to see local and regional associations insist that something possible big not be allowed to just slip by.
  2. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
  3. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    BAPOAEMECASKBACME.com is still available!

Our new org to fight BACME could be:

the British Association of Patients and other Actual Experts on ME/CFIDS against the sham known as the British Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME

Kinda snappy, huh?

luckily, BAPOAEMECASKBACME.com is still available.
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

:Retro smile:
    One could set up a blog for free.
  5. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I think that the head of BACME (spit) is Dr Esther Crawley?

Just to get a flavour of her ideas on XMRV (for example) there is a discussion in the WPI facebook page of a recent talk by her.

It's under WPI on facebook, Discussions, What we are up against.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=154801179671&topic=12698
  6. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member

Thanks XMRV, well I suppose I shoudn't be surprised to read what Crawley said in that Dorset group talk but I kind of am, it is all so utterly blatantly awful and so shocking that an ME group would let it happen!
  7. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    QUESTIONS RAISED OVER THE TRAINING ROLE OF A NEW BODY FOR ME/CFS PROFESSIONALS

The following statement was issued by the West Midlands ME Groups Consortium (WMMEG), which is to be sent to the All Party Parliamentary Group for ME:

WMMEG call upon the British Association for CFS/ME (BACME) to re-write their constitution and to urgently address the issue of balance, content and appropriateness of their education and training programmes for UK healthcare professionals.

WMMEG (West Midlands ME Groups Consortium)

Apparently there is more on this on the ME Association's website.

Jenny
  8. helsbells

helsbells Senior Member

UK
    They really just won't go away will they!! Like the terminator only the bad ones! Thanks re the elucidation re the term astroturfing though - sorry too far back now to thank the actual elucidator but I can now overuse the term with venom :D
  9. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Their conference is this week. If anyone hears anything, we'd all be interested (I imagine).
  10. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    If that lot - BACME - is British then I am not. Big name substance lacking. On the other hand the growing support for the WMMEG by increasing numbers of countrywide local support groups spells out the difference.

See more popular forum discussions.