• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brisbane/Goldcoast - Looking for patients for upcoming neuroimmunology study

I saw this on facebook the other day and couldn't see it mention here so I thought I would add.

National Centre for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases - NCNED, Griffith University.

Hi all, just wondering if you or anyone you know in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area are severely ill with CFS/ME at the moment, whereas you are housebound and/or bedridden, and would like to participate in an upcoming study! Feel free to email me if interested or for more details: sharni.hardcastle@griffithuni.edu.au
Thankyou, NCNED.

Facebook page

Allyson

National Centre for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases - NCNED, Griffith University.

Yes Sherrie,

i have posted it here somewhere but ot on this place which is where it should be - an additional reminder came trhough today with specifications though

Griffth Uni looking for people in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area who are housebound/bedridden with CFS/ME to participate in an upcoming study.

Study into the SEVERELY effected ME group ...... the 25% group who remain bedbound/housebound ..... contact if you are in this category of ME and would like to participate:

sharni.hardcastle@griffithuni.edu.au (not for those with moderate or mild levels or those who have recovered)

Did you put it on Not Crazy too? Cannot remeber if i did but that is where peak audience would be.

Cheers mate,

Ally

They just posted for more on facebook, including ME/CFS sufferers that are still able to work part time:

Good morning all, we are looking for NEW PARTICIPANTS for our studies! If you or anyone you know would like to be a part of our research, please contact me on: sharni.hardcastle@griffithuni.edu.au. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about being part of our research, all participation is completely voluntary.
We need participants who:

1. Are severely ill, housebound and/or bedridden by CFS and/or ME. Aged between 20 and 60 years old. You will not be required to travel to participate, if eligible, we will travel to your home so that you can participate. Need to be located within around an hour of the Gold Coast so we can return to the lab in time. Hence between Brisbane and Byron Bay.

2. Have CFS and/or ME and are mobile/able to care for yourself/possibly be working part time. Aged between 30 and 50 years old. Participation requires you to be able to travel to a designated location for a duration of no more than an hour. Locations are in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Tweed Heads.

3. Are 'healthy' to be control subjects. Must not have CFS, ME, Fibromyalgia or any related symptoms. Aged between 30 and 50 years old. Participation requires you to be able to travel to a designated location for a duration of no more than an hour. Locations are in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Tweed Heads.

If you or someone you know may be able to participate, do not hesitate to contact us for more information: sharni.hardcastle@griffithuni.edu.au.

Thankyou again for your continual support for our research, I look forward to hearing from you, NCNED.

Allyson

They just posted for more on facebook, including ME/CFS sufferers that are still able to work part time:

Good morning all, we are looking for NEW PARTICIPANTS for our studies! If you or anyone you know would like to be a part of our research, please contact me on: sharni.hardcastle@griffithuni.edu.au. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about being part of our research, all participation is completely voluntary.

1. Are severely ill, housebound and/or bedridden by CFS and/or ME. Aged between 20 and 60 years old. You will not be required to travel to participate, if eligible, we will travel to your home so that you can participate. Need to be located within around an hour of the Gold Coast so we can return to the lab in time. Hence between Brisbane and Byron Bay.

2. Have CFS and/or ME and are mobile/able to care for yourself/possibly be working part time. Aged between 30 and 50 years old. Participation requires you to be able to travel to a designated location for a duration of no more than an hour. Locations are in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Tweed Heads.

3. Are 'healthy' to be control subjects. Must not have CFS, ME, Fibromyalgia or any related symptoms. Aged between 30 and 50 years old. Participation requires you to be able to travel to a designated location for a duration of no more than an hour. Locations are in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Tweed Heads.

If you or someone you know may be able to participate, do not hesitate to contact us for more information: sharni.hardcastle@griffithuni.edu.au.

Thankyou again for your continual support for our research, I look forward to hearing from you, NCNED.

thanks Sherrie - maybe we should post the reuqest for healthy controls elsewhere as well?

eg geneeral fb paged in Australia
Any suggestionss anyone?

cheers

Ally

taniaaust1

So good to hear that they are trying to get bedbound/housebound people in their studies too.

I do thou hope their control group isnt mostly from the ME/CFS own close family members. I think I had some kind of immune fault in my body even before getting ME/CFS and what if its a genetic thing.

Wifi123

Live on the Gold Coast and suffer extreme CFS, ME, and FMS, Have suffered CFS and ME symptoms since 1969, diagnosed 1984, 1994 and FMS in 2004.

Wifi123

thanks Sherrie - maybe we should post the reuqest for healthy controls elsewhere as well?

eg geneeral fb paged in Australia
Any suggestionss anyone?

cheers

Ally
Yes Allyson, I agree I have been running around in circles since 1969 trying find out the cause of this debilitating disorder, and now I have a good grasp of it from research and suffering, and discovered other syndromes and disorders are much the same.

Allyson

So good to hear that they are trying to get bedbound/housebound people in their studies too.

I do thou hope their control group isnt mostly from the ME/CFS own close family members. I think I had some kind of immune fault in my body even before getting ME/CFS and what if its a genetic thing.

I think from a talk Don Lewis gave that they are now onto the fact that there is some genetic link to the illness Tania so would be on the lookout for that.

cheers
Ally

Allyson

aimossy

Hi,
A couple of days ago I saw on a fb group that Griffith University NCED are needing more people for a trial.
Im not sure if its this thread but thought I should say I saw that.:)
edit...I have just seen mark has posted a thread on it.

Last edited: