• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brincidofovir Given to Ebola Patients.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
reading about this drug it seems very safe in that it is used in people with reduced liver/kidney function and causes no issues for them.

I bet off label it would cost a fortune??

I always wonder when these viral type outbreaks occur, why they just seem to mention supportive care is the only treatment. I would think if i was dangerously ill with something like that, they would atleast try interferon or immunoglobulins to give ones immune system a fighting chance.

RYO

It is hard to read the news without reading something about Ebola and potential antiviral treatments. Chimerex is a company that manufactures Brincidofovir that is currently being tested for activity against Ebola.

We should be petitioning our government to test antivirals for Enterovirus D68. Perhaps, it would lead to treatment for subset of CFS/ME patients that have enteroviral persistence.

Just because viruses can't be detected in blood samples doesn't rule out persistence in tissue (muscle, nerves, endothelial cells, gastrointestinal cells, etc)

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

I think someone else started a thread on Brincidofovir and Ebola last week (it might have been @Ema) but not sure where that thread is now. I wondered the same thing, if any of these new anti-virals for Ebola could be modified in some way to help a sub-set of PWC's? Don't know the answer, but it is a good question!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
It is hard to read the news without reading something about Ebola and potential antiviral treatments. Chimerex is a company that manufactures Brincidofovir that is currently being tested for activity against Ebola.

We should be petitioning our government to test antivirals for Enterovirus D68. Perhaps, it would lead to treatment for subset of CFS/ME patients that have enteroviral persistence.

Just because viruses can't be detected in blood samples doesn't rule out persistence in tissue (muscle, nerves, endothelial cells, gastrointestinal cells, etc)

Many ME/CFS doctors have been waiting for this drug as Vistide has been helpful for a subset of patients and this oral version is much safer. I am not sure of the release date but it must be coming fairly soon--unfortunately with a big price tag I'd guess!

Sushi