• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Breathed in weed and feed - chemicals.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Is there anything I can take? stupidly scattered this stuff over a lawn today and it blew about into my face for a few minutes until I started coughing and realised what I'd done. Have taken some vitamin C and tri salts - do you know anything else that would help?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi maryb I take N-A-C for these kind of toxic chemical reactions. I have actually taken up to 4000 mg/day, spread out in 1000 mg increments, when I've needed to. It's a precursor for glutathione and it works well for me.

Not sure if you do would well with N-A-C, but that's what I got for you.

Taking a hot bath or a sauna can also be helpful.

Good luck to you. :hug:

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
Do you think that something as simple as flushing out your sinuses would help?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Dreambirdie
I haven't got any in but will look at it when shops open tomorrow - thanks.
can't believe I was so stupid.

You could also massage these four points, "the four gates," which are used to help the liver detoxify: Liver 3 on each foot and Large Intestine 4 on each hand.

images.jpeg

taichong-acupuncture-points.jpg

brenda

Mary

It might be worth doing some research on whether you should go to hospital for treatment. I know that pesticide exposure can be treated if you catch it soon enough (I didn't).

maryb

iherb code TAK122
brenda, Dreambirdie

Thank you both so much for replying - I suppose like we all think - the effort of going to hospital was too much to contemplate - I've ended up with a very sore throat, coughing a lot in the night - I am in the process of having the last of my amalgams out so will be going through a major detox soon, just hope I haven't given myself anther major setback.

thanks - I am trying the detox points.

brenda

Mary

Acute herbicide exposure causes high blood pressure and kidney damage as well as breathing problems and gastric upset. You need to get your bp checked. I really think you should get to a hospital to have tests. If your overall health deteriorates due to the exposure, then you have evidence for future benefit claims even if all you get done is some testing and don't want treatment which in the first instance is rehydration.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
brenda
thanks for your concern - and it does make sense but I don't have anyone here with me to take me to hospital and don't want to call 999.
I've taken my BP - it was high initially (130/64 - for me) but now back down to my normal 110/6o.
I've taken some charcoal - have some chorella but don't do well with that - maybe try some later.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
thanks folks - my sore throat a bit better today and stopped coughing. don't think I feel any worse than befove it happened - very fatigued anyway.just wish I felt better as due to start amalgam removal soon - ah well..........

brenda

Mary

I would put off the amalgam removal for now to see how you go and do some detoxing. Another dose of a toxin so soon after might just tip the balance. The fact that your body has reacted to the herbicide exposure shows I think that some damage has been done.