• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BREAKTHROUGH: New Spinal Fluid Analysis Distinguishes Lyme from CFS

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Coauthor of the proteomics paper, Professor Jonas Bergquist, will be at the 2015 Invest in ME conference presenting "Proteomics in ME/CFS"

Invest in ME:
http://www.investinme.eu/index.shtml#presenters

Forum thread for IiME conference:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...national-conference-29-may-2015-london.35379/

This could be very interesting. I believe at the time of the initial study the technology was in a "catching up" period in that many of the proteins were distinguishable, but all were not identifiable. I believe this technology exist now and if so, maybe some very interesting findings could be made public. I would think if they have been able to identify most of the protein differences, then possible treatments may start to be identified or developed. Hoping!!

Bob

I missed this research when it was published, or at least I don't remember reading about it. If anyone aware if they've published anything subsequently?

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I missed this research when it was published, or at least I don't remember reading about it. If anyone aware if they've published anything subsequently?

Dr. Baraniuk sort of started down this avenue, but was technologically limited (I believe) at the time??? The group with Dr. Berquist took the study even further and still further yet as technology has advanced. Dr. Baraniuk's first study was published in 2008 I believe. Dr. Berquist group took it even further in 2011 and may have (hopefully) been able to provide much more specifics on the identity and difference between the "diesease specific" proteins.

Helen

Thanks for interesting posts.
Jonas Bergqvist, professor at Uppsala University, Sweden, is presented here, as well as his publications.
I guess he would answer questions about his research. His e-mail address is on the homepage.