• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Breakspeare London

brenda

Hi Butterfly

I also got funding 10 years ago as my Gp then accepted that I had environmental illness due to pesticde exposure but I was too sick to attend at the time little knowing that I had contracted Lyme. I dont know if that has helped my recent application.

My GP is not accepting my German positive blood test so I pointed out that seeing as I dont fulfill the criteria for ME as fatigue is not my primary symptom which was agreed at an ME clinic- though I do think I had moderate ME before being bitten - and the NHS say no to Lyme - so what then do I have? I would like to know.

The only thing I can think of as to why others have trouble with a referral is whether or not their GP suspects somatizing.

I rarely darken the doors of my GP and take no medications so think they have a job thinking of me as a hypochondriac. I am just guessing all of this. I speak confidently to my GP`s and show them I do my research. Other than that I am afraid I cannot give a procedure to help anyone. I am in Durham. Hope you manage it.