• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Breakspear Medical Group Ltd

Spinney Lainey

Ok, so am thinking of getting some more tests done - especially for immune function and adrenal function. Anyone used Breakspear? Were they any good? Know of any other good practitioners who do physical tests/treatment?

I'd be cautious about it all - I've heard from a few people who've spent a lot of money at Breakspear without really getting anything in return. From what I've heard, they seem to go beyond the current evidence with the claims that they make to patients too.

Maybe it would be worthwhile if you've got loads of spare money, but don't trust them or their advice imo.

I'm unsure about the evidence supporting Myhill's stuff too. I'm not super well informed of it, but I think that it should be seen as 'alternative' rather than stuff with a really good evidence base. With all this stuff, it's only worth going for it in a cautious way, and with a real awareness that you could end up being given inaccurate information. (Sorry about the relentless cynicism!)