1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Breakspear Medical Group Ltd

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Spinney Lainey, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Spinney Lainey

Spinney Lainey Senior Member

London
    Ok, so am thinking of getting some more tests done - especially for immune function and adrenal function. Anyone used Breakspear? Were they any good? Know of any other good practitioners who do physical tests/treatment?
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I'd be cautious about it all - I've heard from a few people who've spent a lot of money at Breakspear without really getting anything in return. From what I've heard, they seem to go beyond the current evidence with the claims that they make to patients too.

Maybe it would be worthwhile if you've got loads of spare money, but don't trust them or their advice imo.
  3. Spinney Lainey

London
  4. Spinney Lainey

London
    Gonna get tests with Dr MyHill then, I think.
  5. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I'm unsure about the evidence supporting Myhill's stuff too. I'm not super well informed of it, but I think that it should be seen as 'alternative' rather than stuff with a really good evidence base. With all this stuff, it's only worth going for it in a cautious way, and with a real awareness that you could end up being given inaccurate information. (Sorry about the relentless cynicism!)

See more popular forum discussions.