1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Breakspear doctor doing chelation therapy - GMC finds misconduct

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Jenny, May 10, 2012.

1. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
  2. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    I make of it that any doctor in the UK prepared to treat M.E. as a physical illness will be hounded by the GMC , which is bizarre as M.E. is classifed as a physical illness by the WHO.

ukme, garcia, allyb and 2 others like this.
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    What astounds me is this doctor got into trouble when he actually HELPED this CFS patient. Check out the following part.

A part from that link
    It's ridiculous this doctor helped this patient by his treatment (chelation) .. and then gets in trouble for it and they go and say cause it did help the patient.. that it must of worked as a placebo!!

While all the while saying it was wrong of the doctor and putting the patient at risk of harm by giving this patient hope. (they never consider what harm it does to patients to not be offering them treatments and leaving them with no hope).

How can they say that something which really helped the patient.. wasnt in his best interests??.

I guess the following says it all (the patient turned against his "orthodox" doctors due to this other doctor getting him to do a DMSA challenge test then actually helping him).

Seems like situation in england is getting worst not better, with CFS patients experiences of treatments meaning nothing (cause everything except GET and CBT, must be placebo).

Min and garcia like this.
  4. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Another sad chapter in the history of regulation of medical practice in the UK.

Wasn't there a move to abolish the GMC in the UK on the grounds that it acts as both prosecutor and judge? What has happened to that?

Rich

5. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    I have a first appointment with the doctor involved, Jean Monroe at Breakspear next month and have a recent hair mineral analysis (the doctor uses this test) done by Dog Person which shows my already very high lead levels have doubled in the past two years. I was wondering whether she would advise chelation but it does not look likely now. More clamping down on the few doctors who help us in the UK.

Min and garcia like this.
  6. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
    Good question Rich! The sooner the GMC are abolished the better. They are a positive danger to patient welfare.

taniaaust1, ukme and Min like this.
  7. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    the doctor could now be completely disbarred, as not allowed now to advise on chelation at all. It was part of the conditions of being allowed to stay in practice.

See more popular forum discussions.