Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Brain white matter abnormalities in female interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome: A MAPP Netwo

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Sherlock, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock tart cherry etc. for joints, insomnia

Czechosherlockia, USA
    Just stumbled on this J Urol. 2015 Feb 21 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25711200 :

oceiv, Kati, Sidereal and 1 other person like this.
  2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I wonder how much the white matter abnormalities have to do with poor circulation. Neuron's require 3 things to stay healthy: glucose, oxygen, and stimulation. I know allot of people have circulation issues, and circulation issues in the hands and feet usually mean there will be circulation issues in the brain in the form of hypoxia. Such the tissues are depleted of oxygen causing neurological issues such as this.

NK17 and oceiv like this.
  3. beaker

beaker ME/cfs 1986

USA
    I developed IC after alpha interferon treatment. Seems like it could be the cytokines in the CSF/brain that are causing the issue.

oceiv likes this.
  4. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Indeed, another factor would be a leaky blood brain barrier that allows macrophages entry into the brain to cause havoc.

NK17 likes this.
  5. Kati

Kati Patient in training

NK17 and oceiv like this.

See more popular forum discussions.