1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Brain Plasticity

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by golden, Jun 24, 2013.

1. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Alex is definitely right. The immune system is KING. It's all about survival...

CBT is about changing your thought patterns. Changing your thought patterns will "rewire" or "reorganize" your brain. CBT uses the plastic properties of the brain to make changes; so does learning experiences and visualization.

None of this will make dead neurons come alive though. The big question is how much damage has been done to brain from factors such as inflammation, oxidative stress, exicotoxicity, toxins, hypoxia and ischemia.
  2. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
  3. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    It was believed until relatively recently that the adult brain could not acquire new neurons, but this now appears to be incorrect. From a quick search I found this interesting review paper from 2005:

http://www.units.muohio.edu/regener...es/JNeurobiologyMorphogen's Tale_review 1.pdf

I expect more has been learned since then.
    alex3619 likes this.
  4. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi Golden. Just want to mention that I did a therapy called "Nasal Specific", also known as "Balloon Sinuplasty", which helped enormously in "unlocking" my cranials. I don't have the energy this morning to write much about, but thought I'd give you a couple of links if you had an interest:

Central Nervous System Restoration

Functional Cranial Release Videos

Balloon Sinuplasty Explanation

When I first had a ballon sinuplasty done, I could feel and hear my cranials release, which sounded a lot like cracking my knuckles. It was a major shift for me.

Best, Wayne

See more popular forum discussions.