A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Brain Fog help!!!

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Justin30, May 15, 2016.

1. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

I have been getting some really bad brain fog as of late....like zoning out, blank stairs, etc.

Mito supplements do not seem to help...

Does anyone have sugestions to improve this?

Meds, supplements, my body feels more drained than it ever has....

Thanks in advance

Ritto and MeSci like this.
  2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    molybdenum supplements helped my brain some but it was more along the working memory line, my brain improvement I got from that helped within a week enabling me to do some things I hadn't been able to do for years. I did have a molybdenum deficiency though (which I found out throu hair testing and my gene tests too supported I could have low molybdenum). It may be worth considering esp if you have had 23andME testing and know you have that gene mutation which can cause low molybdenum.

certain B vitamins (it varies though for each person which one) can help some with the brain too and may be worth a trial if you haven't already trialed them.

also consider OI and lack of blood going to the brain at times, this can cause brain issues and daze outs.. is it worst when standing? or upright?. In which case you could have something causing low blood volume like coexisting POTS causing it and POTS can be treatable some. If low blood volume caused, supplements aren't going to help, you may need actual meds to boost blood volume, increased fluid intake etc

Little Bluestem and Justin30 like this.
  3. Deltrus

Deltrus Senior Member

Have you tried resveratrol? It is the most effective anti-oxidant for brain fog / fatigue for me. Cheapest at powdercity.

4. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    High dose omega 3 - 3 to 4 grams per day helped me a while back.

5. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Coffee seems to help my brain fog :)

GG

6. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Nothing helps mine, except extreme resting fort prolonged periods. Hope you find something that helps you.

Justin30 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.