1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Brain dysfunction as one cause of CFS symptoms including difficulty with attention and concentration

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Firestormm, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    I wouldn't mind a read of the full paper but I suspect, that there is little actual evidence for these observations.

I also wonder if one couldn't reasonable suggest that we know all this already. I mean this is certainly where I think the research and opinion to date is leading us: to this greater 'stratification'.

Any thoughts?
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Article is open access (i.e. free) at: http://www.frontiersin.org/Integrative_Physiology/10.3389/fphys.2013.00109/abstract

Ben Natelson had a well-funded research centre in the US for many years. He has published dozens of studies.
    Firestormm likes this.
  3. searcher

searcher

SF Bay Area
    Thank you for those links. I think Dr Natelson's research papers are worth reading even if he ends up being wrong in his conclusions about stratification. Dr Natelson focuses more on neurological dysfunction than immune dysfunction which can make him somewhat controversial but I think he is very good at making data-driven conclusions (vs depending on surveys and potentially biased physician observations.) He is definitely well-funded as Dolphin mentioned so has been able to do some in-depth research-- in the study I participated in he did an OI test, a specialized MRI that could measure brain glutamate/glutathione/other metabolities, a spinal tap, and neurocognitive testing. He has confirmed that many of us have low brain glutathione so his research ties into the methylation hypothesis.
    Bob, Firestormm and Dolphin like this.
  4. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England

See more popular forum discussions.