Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. NotThisGuy

NotThisGuy Senior Member

Germany
    Did anyone try the peptide BPC-157 for leaky gut/ IBS /CFS /EDS?

I'm reading pretty positive user experience about this peptide for the conditions listed above.

ljimbo423 likes this.
  2. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Its' affordable at least....so if it's safe...

3. NotThisGuy

NotThisGuy Senior Member

Germany
    yeah very affordable.

little more information from a reddit thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics..._a_healing_peptide_summary_of_known_benefits/

BPC-157 is a 15-amino acid long peptide, and a part of a naturally occurring peptide in the human stomach (BPC-157 is derived from human gastric juices). It is a signalling peptide; it signals for certain processes to take place in the body.

BPC-157 protects the body from injuries, and also helps it heal previously acquired injuries, and is currently undergoing human trials[1] . This is a list summing up most of the benefits this peptide is known to have (Source with citations) (4 of the references are not in the main source and were individually added):

Blood Pressure

1. BPC-157 increases blood pressure in rats with low blood pressure.
    2. BPC-157 decreases blood pressure in rats with high blood pressure.
    Potassium Imbalance

1. BPC-157 protects from heart failure in a state of hyperkalemia (potassium overdose).
    2. BPC-157 protects from heart failure in a state of hypokalemia (potassium deficiency).
    Calcium Imbalance

1. BPC-157 protects rats from damage (heart failure, pancreatitis, peptic ulcers) induced by hypercalcemia (calcium overdose).

2. BPC-157 protects rats from calcium channel blocker overdose.
    Magnesium Imbalance

1. BPC-157 protects rats from hypermagnesemia (magnesium overdose).
    Wound Healing

1. BPC-157 significantly improves healing after the following injuries: skin incisions; deep skin burns; various anastomoses as intestinal wounds; diabetic wounds; various fistulas; various tissue transections, particularly ligament, tendon, muscle and nerve. Healing time of all these injuries is significantly decreased with BPC-157 administration.

2. BPC-157 prevents scar tissue buildup after injury, and reduces already existing scar tissue.
    Immune System

1. BPC-157 modulates the immune system activates macrophages in the immune system, which leads to increased production of growth factors that fight infections, ultimately strengthening the immune system.
    NSAID side effects and toxicity

1. BPC-157 effectively reduces the side effects and toxicity of NSAIDs, particularly gastric, intestinal, liver and brain lesions, prolonged bleeding and various behavioural disturbances - all of these are significantly antagonized by BPC-157 administration.
    Alcohol intoxication

1. BPC-157 prevents and inhibits the effect of alcohol acute intoxication, withdrawal, and acute and chronic gastric and liver lesions.
    Antidepressant activity

1. BPC-157 has antidepressant effects in rats; it reduces immobility time in a forced swimming test[2] .
    Opioid system

1. BPC-157 reduces withdrawal symptoms in morphine-addicted mice.
    Dopamine system

1. BPC-157 reduces motor abnormalities and hyperactivity induced by the dopaminergic neurotoxin MPTP.

2. BPC-157 decreases chronic amphetamine-induced behavioral disturbances[3] .
    Serotonin system

1. BPC-157 is effective against serotonin syndrome in rats[4] .
    GABA system

1. BPC-157 significantly decreases diazepam tolerance, physical dependence and withdrawal symptoms in mice[5] .
    Anti-cancer activity

1. BPC-157 significantly prolongs survival of rats with carcinoma and melanoma B-16 cancers, from 25 days to 45+ days.
    Gastric ulcers

1. BPC-157 prevents development of gastric ulcers.

2. BPC-157 heals existing gastric ulcers by reducing the ulcer area and accelerating the rebuilding of glandular epithelium and formation of granulation tissue.
    Inflammation, pain and body temperature

1. BPC-157 successfully reduces several models of acute, non-specific inflammation.

2. BPC-157 acts against temperature decrease (i.e. water immersion test) and increase (yeast- induced).

3. BPC-157 increases pain threshold in carrageenan test in rats.
    Diabetes

1. BPC-157 increases healing of skin wounds in diabetic animals.

2. BPC-157 prevents fructose-induced high blood pressure.

3. BPC-157 inhibits the development of insulin resistance.
    Nerve injury

1. BPC-157 improves healing of a transected sciatic nerve in rats, which is particularly shown as faster axonal regeneration.

2. BPC-157 strongly decreases the consequences of animal brain injuries induced by a falling weight.
    Antiviral activity

1. BPC-157, given before infection of rats with hepatitis A virus, Lymphatic Choriomeningitis (LCM) virus and herpes virus types 1 and 2, completely prevented all signs of infection and disease.

2. BPC-157 given to rats after viral infection delays onset of disease symptoms and decreases death.
    All citations to the papers demonstrating the benefits mentioned in the list can be found in the source linked at the top of the list (except for 4 which are stated in the list itself).

Fascinating stuff.
    Especially the part about nitric oxide which I think is a great help for CFS

seems a little bit like a miracle peptide.

I saw a blog from a user here on PR who claimed he doesnt get PEM anymore while on peptides.
    Unfortunately he never told us which peptide it was, but of all the Peptides going arround I can only guess it was either BPC-157 or a GHRP peptide ( or any other GH boosting peptide.

[​IMG]

Interesting how it boosts the HPA

[​IMG]

https://www.reddit.com/r/Peptides/wiki/index

4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I've tried several injectable peptide products that are available from body-builder's websites, and although body protecting compound 157 (BPC-157) was on my list of things to try, I have not got around to trying it yet.

NotThisGuy likes this.
  5. NotThisGuy

NotThisGuy Senior Member

Germany
    you can take BPC-157 also orally.
    since it is supposed to be produced by the stomach it might get the best benefit for gut related issues by oral intake.

What peptides did you take and was it of any help?

Hip likes this.
  6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Mainly various growth hormone stimulating peptides and hormones like CJC-1295, ipamorelin, MK-677, IGF-1 LR3 which did not help (and neither did actual growth hormone injections which I later tried).

Human growth hormone (HGH) deficiency symptoms can mimic ME/CFS symptoms, so one of the reasons for taking these growth hormone stimulators was to check if I might have any HGH deficiency (my ME/CFS began after a viral brain infection, which potentially might have damaged my pituitary gland, creating HGH deficiency).

But interestingly enough, one person on this forum whose misdiagnosed ME/CFS years later turned out to be HGH deficiency found that these injectable HGH-stimulating peptides and hormones did not have any effect on her.

Whereas when she later tried actual HGH injections, then all her ME/CFS-like cognitive and mood symptoms disappeared almost immediately after the first HGH injection, although the physical symptoms took longer to get back to normal.

So it seems you may not always be able to use these HGH-stimulating peptides and hormones as a test for HGH deficiency, in cases like hers where the pituitary gland appears damaged and is no longer secreting HGH when stimulated. It's then only actual HGH that will rectify the HGH deficiency.

I also tried TB-500 (thymosin beta-4 fragment) 2 mg once weekly, and this may have helped reduce brain fog and increase mental clarity a bit, and boost mood, but the effect was not strong enough for me to say that definitely it worked, at least at the dose I took (and I only took these lowish doses for a short time of a few weeks).

Here are some notes about TB-500 that I copied from various websites:

pattismith and NotThisGuy like this.

See more popular forum discussions.