• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bottles & protecting methylcobalamin

Methylcobalamin is photosensitive. In fact I got a methylcobalamin product dissolved in water today with an opaque bottle, and then a separate blue glass bottle equipped with a dropper that i'm supposedly meant to decant it into. I'm wondering if either amber or blue bottles would preserve methylcobalamin, as I own both.

cman89

Methylcobalamin is photosensitive. In fact I got a methylcobalamin product dissolved in water today with an opaque bottle, and then a separate blue glass bottle equipped with a dropper that i'm supposedly meant to decant it into. I'm wondering if either amber or blue bottles would preserve methylcobalamin, as I own both.
I dont take risks and store mine in dark or solid bottles as often as possible.

cman89

Do you use sublinguals?

whodathunkit

I also wrap my bottles in aluminum foil, and store the mB12 bottle inside a larger empty supplement container in the fridge.

Not sure why you would want to decant your solution into another container if the one your drops are in is already opaque, though. Brown and blue glass bottles still let light in, even if they do inhibit it. If your container is already opaque IMO you should just leave your solution in there.

I also wrap my bottles in aluminum foil, and store the mB12 bottle inside a larger empty supplement container in the fridge.

Not sure why you would want to decant your solution into another container if the one your drops are in is already opaque, though. Brown and blue glass bottles still let light in, even if they do inhibit it. If your container is already opaque IMO you should just leave your solution in there.

To combine it with DMSO. I also plan on evaporating some of the water to leave the powder and mixing it in coconut oil+beeswax, to see if I can improvise a patch.