The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Both slow and fast liver phase 1 possible?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by jason30, Nov 20, 2015.

1. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Hi all,

I am having problems with detoxing and I am trying to determine what my liver phase 1 and 2 status are.

I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, what means that I have a fast phase 1 and slow phase 2, says the theory.
    However, I am also sensitive to caffeine, slow caffeine clearance, which is a direct symptom of a slow phase 1.

In order to threat my liver problems I try to figure out if I have a slow or fast phase 1. Does anybody know if there can be both (unlikely though!) ? Or have more information about determine the status of phase 1 and 2 of the liver?

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject!

Gingergrrl likes this.
  2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @jason30 I am of no help but am very curious on this topic and bumping up the post hoping someone else responds. I am also (now) intolerant of caffeine and have slow liver detox which affects the dosages and amounts of meds that I take. But am still an amateur at understanding this and how to work with it!

3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I have no knowledge on the subject, but am wondering if you could have a phase 1 slow enough to cause slow caffeine clearance and an even slower phase 2 to cause multiple chemical sensitivities.

4. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    Grapefruit is supposed to slow down phase 1 detox (see link)

ahmo and jason30 like this.
  5. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Does it? That would be interesting to read more about. Do you have a source.

Different CYP´s or SNP´s mean upregulation OR downregulation according to how they act on enzyme production. I can´t see how the sum of enzyme production from CYP´s in Phase I could be both slow and fast at the same time. Maybe certain food, or substances , could up- or downregulate certain CYP´s as much as to change from fast to slow or reverse for the total Phase I detoxification.

6. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    In the past 2 years that's the only thing I have read about it; a fast phase 1 and slow phase 2 indicating MCS. Though all sources doesn't have any references to researches.

2 sources:

7. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    Good to know, thanks!

8. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    I don't know if that's possible, but in theory it could be the case by me as well!

Soon I will start with foods and supplements that inhibit phase 1 and stimulate phase 2. I'm very curious how I will react.

9. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

For a long time I thought I had fast phase I and slow phase II, and slowing down phase I was the worst thing I ever went thru (I used Nicotinamide, Boswellia).

See more popular forum discussions.