1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Borrelia – In the Lymelight

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Mar 8, 2013.

1. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    merylg likes this.
  2. wallace

wallace

3. wallace

wallace

Healing Lyme Disease Coinfections: Complementary and Holistic Treatments for Bartonella and Mycoplasma (No) [Paperback]

Stephen Harrod Buhner

(Author)
    List Price: $19.95
    Price: $11.33 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
    You Save: $8.62 (43%)
    Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
    o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

This title will be released on May 5, 2013.
    Pre-order now.
    Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

[​IMG]
    Looking for the Audiobook Edition?
    Tell us that you'd like this title to be produced as an audiobook, and we'll alert our colleagues at Audible.com. If you are the author or rights holder, let Audible help you produce the audiobook: Learn more at ACX.com.

Book Description

Release date: May 5, 2013 | Series: No
    A guide to the natural treatment of two of the most common and damaging coinfections of Lyme disease--Bartonella and Mycoplasma
    • Reveals how these conditions often go undiagnosed, complicate Lyme treatment, and cause a host of symptoms--from arthritis to severe brain dysfunction
    • Outlines natural treatments for both infections, with herbs and supplements for specific symptoms and to combat overreactions of the immune system
    • Reviews the latest scientific research on Bartonella and Mycoplasma coinfections and how treatment with antibiotics is often ineffective
    Each year Harvard researchers estimate there are nearly 250,000 new Lyme disease infections--only 10 percent of which will be accurately diagnosed. One of the largest factors in misdiagnosis of Lyme is the presence of other tick-borne infections, which mask or aggravate the symptoms of Lyme disease as well as complicate treatment. Two of the most common and damaging Lyme coinfections are Bartonella and Mycoplasma. Nearly 35 million people in the United States are asymptomatically infected with each of these pathogens, and at least 10 percent will become symptomatic every year--with symptoms ranging from arthritis to severe brain dysfunction.
    Distilling hundreds of peer-reviewed journal articles on the latest scientific research on Bartonella, Mycoplasma, and Lyme disease, Stephen Buhner examines the complex synergy between these infections and reveals how all three can go undiagnosed or resurface after antibiotic treatment. He explains how these coinfections create cytokine cascades in the body--essentially sending the immune system into an overblown, uncontrolled response in much the same way that rheumatoid arthritis or cancer can. Detailing effective natural holistic methods centered on herbs and supplements, such as the systemic antibacterial herb Sida acuta, which acts to protect blood cells from invading organisms, he reveals how to treat specific symptoms, interrupt the cytokine cascades, and bring the immune system back into balance as well as complement ongoing Lyme disease treatments.
    Show less
    merylg likes this.
  4. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I'm working on an article about Bartonella right now.
    roxie60, GcMAF Australia and merylg like this.
  5. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
    k-AUS likes this.
  6. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    kolowesi...

I have similar co-infections to yours and still need treatment for them. For me it has been overwhelming to figure out who to go to since LLMD's don't advertise.

There are three LLMD's within an hour of where I live but most don't take insurance. At least my state passed laws so physicians treating Lyme cannot be prosecuted for not abiding by IDSA guidelines.

Unfortunately, the insurance companies have still been denying payment for treatments so patients have born the burden of horrific costs.

I just read of a case where in one family, 4 of 5 children tested positive for Lyme yet the insurance company denied treatment of IV antibiotics for one daughter (pg 23 of state report "Lyme Disease in Massaaschusetts" published February 28th 2013).

The politics of chronic disease is truly scary.
  7. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia

Perth Today Tonight - Lyme Forum
  8. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
  9. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
  10. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
    snowathlete likes this.
  11. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    KDM thinks I have Borreliosis. I had a p41 reaction on the test (flagella) and immune results suggest it as well as some symptoms.
    merylg and kolowesi like this.
  12. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
  13. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    snowathlete likes this.
  14. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    the stuff about TMJ is interesting. We have a thread on TMJ here somewhere...At the moment I have some pain in teeth and last week saw the dentist and he says there is no sign of infection there. He isn't sure what to make of it. I swear it is worse when I eat sugary things, and that perhaps makes sense with Borrelia...

Also my jaw clicks sometimes, and is often excrusiatingly painful in the morning when I first chew something. Pain last a few seconds, then gone for the day usually. Its right on the TMJ joint.
  15. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
  16. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
  17. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
  18. GcMAF Australia

GcMAF Australia Senior Member

19. merylg