1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Borrelia – In the Lymelight

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    Hello Tania
    All strains of bartonella can be tested at Himmunitus in Belgium and Galaxy in the USA.
    I had a bone tumor in '99 and the bone is still not healed, glomus tumor, thrombocytopenic purpura when I was pregnant, my newborn nearly died in IC due to an unknown infection (ahum) in 1995, my face looks as if I have lupus due to overvascularisation caused by bartonella, my bones hurt all the time as well, I lost weight as if I had aids, my chest hurts horribly, ... I tested positive for bartonella in 2008 but the doctor said it was nothing because all other infections (Pfeiffer, CMV, ...) were positive as well.
    I know now that bartonella deadlocks your immune system and hell breaks loose. My last pregnancy was did the trick. Bartonella got the chance to break out again.
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    With your history of cat scratches, if you can tolerate antibiotics, it might just be worth skipping the somewhat unreliable testing and doing an antibiotic challenge for a few months to see if you saw any improvement.

(Yes, long term antibiotics are not good for the gut but neither is a long standing untreated infection.)

Ema
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  3. Spring

Spring Senior Member

Netherlands
    Back to Borrelia, it was very interesting what I think dr. Ostfeld said at the TBDA forum this week. That Borrelia changes its outer proteins over time in your body. So you wont make the 'typical' antibodies anymore, but maybe other antibodies. Thought he said they were looking for this in monkeys. It would explain the whole negative antibodytesting in chronic patients. And better testing could be developped. Happy to see this is investigated. It would be easier to acknowledge by stubborn doctors than the 'not making antibodies anymore due to impairment of the immunesystem' which is hard to prove.

Because it is hard to find Borrelia in humans they are also doing a study where they let 'clean' thicks feed on humans ith lyme to see if they can detect Borrelia in the thick afterwards. Yuck! Scary testing method!
  4. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    My bolding.

Seriously? Who is going to sign up for that?! :eek:
    The tick may be clean off Borrelia, but what about other tick-borne pathogens, known and un-known?
    Besides, even a 'clean' tick still passes you substances that affect your immune system, and thats shorly the last thing you need if you already have Lyme.
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  5. Shoesies

Shoesies Senior Member

That clean tick stuff is for the birds. It is criminal they are doing that to humans. BTW - who trusts researchers anymore anyway?
  6. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    As a silly comment can I add that the scientists involved in the various autopsies of the 5000 year old virtual mummy man in the Alps a little while ago found he suffered from Lyme disease. One feels bound to add if he can be tested so easily why not me !
    GcMAF Australia and snowathlete like this.
  7. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Sorry Snowathlete I see Otzi is part of your article (hadn't read through completely), nevertheless it might be more prevalent than they think.
    snowathlete likes this.
  8. GcMAF Australia

GcMAF Australia Senior Member

Tick conference
    http://karlmcmanusfoundation.org.au/files/KMF_TBD2013_Booklet.pdf

I think that in the US at least 95% of CFS patyients have Lyme infections!!!
    just a thought
    Big happenings at the tick conference
    looks like some good treatment options
    think the worm may have turned
    spoke to most of the Lyme doctors
    Government committee formed with 3 big pinch hitters from the Lyme community
    direct link straight to the cheif medical officer
    will update when i can
    merylg, Sushi and snowathlete like this.
  9. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    GcMAF Australia likes this.
  10. GcMAF Australia

Ha ha ha
    at least you know that you people are consistant
  11. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Lyme Disease is in Australia...
    Sushi, k-AUS and snowathlete like this.
  12. GcMAF Australia

Mualla Mcmanus
    Dear all,
    I would like to say that TBD2013 was a success. We had more Drs turning up and wanting to learn how to treat Lyme Disease in Australia. More have emailed me about not being able to attend but that they are interested in purchasing the DVD. It is very positive. AIMA and KMF are in partnership. We will be working to get as many Drs as possible to join an learn about Lyme. AIMA has 300 Drs as members. Revolution is underway!!!!! Change is happening!!!. Having Prof Baggoley at the conference was also a sign to Drs not to be afraid of being deregistered if they treat Lyme disease. In addition we were able to get the conference RACGP approved for CPD points. That means we are on the way of being accepted. So soon big changes will be underway.

From Mualla McManus
    taniaaust1, Jarod, Sushi and 4 others like this.
  13. GcMAF Australia

14. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Can anyone sign, or just Australians?
  15. GcMAF Australia

anybody
    we appreciate it muchly
  16. Sushi

Albuquerque
  17. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Thanks for the update!

Do you have specifics about what treatments are being used in Australia?

Sushi
  18. GcMAF Australia

yes i am trying to collate everything
    a small byte here
    vitamin C, large doses - try increasing slowly until get like loose bowels
    then just drop back a dose
    diatomaceous earth which helps kill parasites- 4 days on then 3 days off
  19. est_sunshine

est_sunshine

I'd really love more info from the conference if you have any GC, I've just tested positive for Lyme and beginning abx treatment.
  20. GcMAF Australia

This is not my work so I have no opinion on its success
    It does contain some pertinant points though.
    For example from John Coleman
    Patients diagnosed with Lyme disease and coinfections have a number of protocols to choose from for reducing the bacterial load; most will have significant antimicrobial activity. Lysed bacteria release endotoxins that may be as dangerous as the original infection unless all detoxification pathways are optimised.
    Many Lyme Borreliosis treating doctors consider Herxing to be a sign that detoxification is inadequate, the antimicrobial program is too vigorous, or both. In my own practice, I gain better results by beginning with quite robust detoxification activities, primarily patient driven.
    A strict dietary regimen and clearing environmental toxins in the home are a first step. Efficient bowel function is very important and constipation may be ameliorated with vitamin C titrated to bowel tolerance (usually combined with magnesium), which also assists as an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant and immune booster.

Dry skin brushing, Epsom salts baths or foot baths, oil pulling, soaked chia seeds, warm lemon water and cautious use of infrared saunas have been found to help. Detox therapies that I have effectively used while treating neurodegenerative and autoimmune disorders (where systemic toxicity is an exacerbating factor) include Heel Galium-Heel and Heel Detox Kit at extremely low doses (beginning at about 1/30 of the recommended
    doses), and MH Enhance P2 Detox powder. Byron White Formulas (BWF) Selective detox formulas are proving to be very efficacious at enhancing detoxification and reducing Herx effects when started at very low doses and titrated to individual requirements.
    The BWF have the advantage of being aimed at specific infections (Borrelia, Bartonella, etc), so are effective at removing endotoxins as those bacteria are lysed. Optimising detoxification pathways allows more vigorous antimicrobial activity with less distress; patient compliance is increased and health improvements more assured.

Clinical observations with those diagnosed with advanced neurodegenerative and autoimmune disorders had already shown the advantage of using vastly reduced doses of these remedies to provide effective therapy with little or no
    aggravation. Indicative dosing comparisons include:
    Aqua Hydration Formulas:
    Recommended starting dose: 7 drops bd
    My starting dose: 1 drop bd
    Heel Galium-Heel:
    Recommended starting dose: 10 drops tid
    My starting dose: 1 drop daily
    Herbal mixes:
    Recommended starting dose: 5ml tid
    My starting dose: 5 drops tid
    Byron White Formulas:
    Recommended starting dose: 1-2 drops bd
    My starting dose: 1 drop daily

10-15% of debilitated patients will aggravate/ herx on even these low starting doses. For homeopathic remedies, the most effective dilution is K dilution (to be explained) while, with herbal remedies, the choices are either quantity
    dilution or K dilution (to be compared)

See more popular forum discussions.